Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #21

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

Originally Posted by SYB
After having contacted Mahisha regarding whether Curls Milkshake truly had been reformulated, she says that this product was NEVER REFORMULATED at all! She said that it is the same version as before.

The only two products that have been reformulated was Curls Whipped Cream and Curl Souffle. And Curls Spiral Cream just a fragrance change.

So these are all of the new developments that have actually occurred with Curls products that I personally know to be true.
If it was never reformulated, why the sudden ingredients change? The ingredients used to list the same as the CurlyQ version and now they are totally different. That's odd.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #22

LavenderCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2004

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls
Originally Posted by SYB
And Curls Spiral Cream just a fragrance change.
I know some will be happy but I liked the scent it had before. Now it smells like a very watered down version of the Ecstasy Hair Tea, which I know most of you love. I can't stand it, unfortunately. I may even put my SCC on the swap board because of the new scent.

I love Mahisha's products and her fast, friendly responses, but I do wish they've leave some of the stuff alone or just offer a choice in scents.
I soooooo agree with you. I wished most products would come with a choice of scent or be fragrance-free!!!! Some of it is really yucky.... I'm 38 and not really crazy about smelling like cotton candy or bubble gum. :x

With all the stuff I use on my hair: condish, styling/moisture lotion, hold gel, lavender mist (2nd/3rd day) and curl revivor spray products (2nd/3rd day) that's at least THREE different scents on top of eachother and they don't always compliment!

And let's not forget my body lotion, deodorant and perfume (for a special occassion.)
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
pw: vanilla
LavenderCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #23

LavenderCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2004

Originally Posted by SYB
Yes, the new version of Curls Spiral Curl Cream has the same scent of Curls Asian Asian Hair Tea, but in a smaller amount. I was one of those people who did not like the first scent of it very much and did voice my opinion to the owner of Curls about her needing to come out with a fragrance free version of this stuff, but in the end it just wasn't meant to be unfortunately. Like so many others of you out there that have smelled Spiral Curls Cream in the past, I too would have preferred that this product just have been made into a fragrance free product. Or if it could have even been scented to smell like Curls Whipped Cream & Souffle that would have been alright with me too.
Yep, I could have handled the new SCC scent being more of the Souffle or the Curly Q Custard - anything but the CEHT! I never saw anything about the scent being changed and what it would smell like - if I had I would have never gotten it. I think I'll write her and let her know that I'm not happy with the scent and with not being warned about the new scent (at least I didn't notice any notice about it).

I've had someone PM me that they'd like it if I decide to sell it as she swapped away her original scent one because she couldn't tolerate it.
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
pw: vanilla
LavenderCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #24

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls
LOL! Talk about your fragrance-layering ! Most of the stuff I use dissipates thank goodness. But I sure did like to get those occasional whiffs of the original SCC scent . The only other thing I can get whiffs of is if I leave in alot of the VO5 Strawberries and Cream conditioner - yummy![/quote]

Well, since I have chest-length hair and usually keep it free & open, I get a lot of whiffs of whatever scent is on my hair. (My hair is eveywhere!! )

I don't mind a little bit of a scent, but nothing too strong or weird. Some scents just don't mix well.... or the manufacturer things we want to smell like bubble gum or watermelon candy. (I apologize to whomever likes those scents. )

I'm currently using Suava Coconut and Suave Vanilla Condishes and their scent lingers lightly. Besides.... I use body lotion that have similar scents.... so that works well for me.

But - of course - now that winter is here and I need more products to combat dryness........ :x
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
Old 01-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #25

Join Date: Dec 2006

Yesterday, I send an email to the Curls company in regards to the Curls and Curly Q Milkshake products.

Here the e-mail text I send:

I have a questions regarding your Curls Milkshake and Curly Q Milkshake
products. According to your site's ingredients list, both contain beeswax
milk. I've heard of beeswax in hair care products, but never of beeswax
milk. What is it and how is it produced? - I've also heard that you have
changed ingredients of some of your products. Are the Milkshakes amongst them? Are the ingredients lists on your site current?

Here is their reply:

Yes the ingredient list is current and correct.

Beeswax milk is the hydro and lipophilic fluid that is captured between the honey and the beeswax. It is a great emulsifier and contains cholesterol and sphingo lipids, which are proven to repair damaged hair.

Now I wonder if this beeswax milk is water soluble or needs a surfectant to be removed?!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #26

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

I just re-ordered the CurlyQ version thinking it was the same old ingredients but I just went on the Curls site and apparently the Curlyq milkshake ingredients have changed too! This is so weird. I too would like to know if it cause product build up or is CG-friendly. The old version did not; I could use it for 3-4 days, adding a little more each day before co-washing
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #27
SYB

Join Date: Jan 2005

Well I had to let everyone know that the ingredient listing for Spiral Curls Cream has changed too. I just found this out when I went to the Curls website. Here's the new ingredient listing:

Purified water, glycerin, emulsifying wax N.F., polyimide-1, sunflower oil, aloe barbedenis leaf juice, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, octyl palmitate, silk protein, sodium carbomer, guar hydroxypropyl, trimonium chloride, panthenol, shea butter, wheat germ oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, amodimethicone, dimethicone, sodium benzoate, potassium benzoate, ethyl hexyl glycerin, fragrance.

I have not tried this new Curls Spiral Curl Cream or this Curls Milkshake(with a different ingredient listing) that you see on the Curls Website. I only knew of the Curls Whipped Cream and Curls Souffle having their ingredients changed. So this has totally taken me by surprise too!

For anyone who has any questions or concerns regarding Curls products, please don't hesitate to contact the owner, Mahisha. As she is always available to answer to questions regarding her products, whenever the need arises.
"Curls Tester"
Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
SYB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #28

Here is their reply:

Yes the ingredient list is current and correct.

I emailed the company again to ask if the beeswax milk needed a surfectant to wash off. I got a lightening speed reply.....

This is what they wrote me:

Hydrophilic means water soluble.
Having an affinity for water; readily absorbing or dissolving in water.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #29

Originally Posted by SYB

Oiiiiiiiiiiii..... :x Not just one cone, but TWO!!!!! And emulsifying wax.... The word WAX just scares me..... LOL. Is that water soluble???
Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #30

Delma's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2005
Send a message via AIM to Delma Send a message via Yahoo to Delma

I wrote to her just now asking about the changes and letting her know that several people are concerned.

One question though I thought we were not allowed to post emails in the forum, have the rules changed?

ETA* Just curious cause I remeber someone telling me that when i posted an email from the kinky-curly owner

Delma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 AM   #31

Old 01-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #32

Delma's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2005
Send a message via AIM to Delma Send a message via Yahoo to Delma

I just basically copy-and-pasted her answers. Lazy and crazy.... :P
Don't stress , I'm not even sure if it is, I just know something was said to me by another poster when I did it. So that's why I posed the question

Delma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 AM   #33

SuZen's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

Emulsifying wax N.F. is not actually a wax and is not a problem for those on C-G.
SuZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #34

I just basically copy-and-pasted her answers. Lazy and crazy.... :P
Well..... just found an e-mail from Gretchen in my inbox. In it she asked me not to directly quote any e-mails or PMs. Paraphrasing is allowed.

Sowwwwwwy.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #35

Join Date: Dec 2006

I just e-mailed Gretchen to ask her to give me info on the posting rules. I've tried to find them on the boards, but couldn't. Maybe she will post them here.... or I will, as soon as I hear back from her.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #36

Originally Posted by ruqayya33
Gretchen send me this link.