Curls and Curly Q Milkshake

I have a question about Curls Milkshake and Curly Q Milkshake. I'm not sure which is the better?! I know, Curly Q is more for kids....

I read the ingredients for both....

Curls: Purified water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, cetaaryl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, jojoba oil, cetrimonium chloride, soy protein, soyamidoprpylkonium chloride, allantoin, soy lecithin, beeswax milk,
coconut milk, aloe vera milk, milk amino acids, buttermilk, arnica extract, lavender extract, chamomile extract, white tea extract, methylisothiazolinone, fragrance.

Curly Q: Pure coconut milk, sweet almond milk, soy milk, cetearyl alcohol, coconut oil, olive oil, pomegranate seed oil, monoii de Tahita, avocado oil, stearalkonium choloride, plumeria extract, rosemary extract, fragrance, citric acid.

Question 1 - Isn't the beeswax "milk", in the adult version a no-no? Do you need a surfectant cleanser to remove the build-up?

Question 2 - Is the citric acid in the kids version drying? Is it good for color-treated hair? (I hate for it to strip my $60 bi-monthly dye job.)

Question 3 - What do these products smell like? Does the kids version have a "kiddie smell" like bubble gum or cotton candy?
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
Curls Milkshake and Curly Q are the same thing , the Curly Qs is more for kids with sensative scalps but it performs just the same as the curls milkshake. i have used both and they work great , the good thing is Curly Qs is a few bucks cheaper.
Modified CG-Use Low Poo
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
*Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
Looks like Curls reformulated the Curls Milkshake. I've been using the CurlyQ milkshake pretty exclusively and I love it. It is not drying at all. Citric acide is actually softening, and the milkshake doesn't strip my color.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
what in the world is beeswax milk and aloe vera milk?

I never heard of those before and never knew that you could get milk from either aloe or beeswax....maybe they mean it is soaked in milk.
beeswax is produced by bees and aloe is a plant mucilige....where does the milk come in?
Thick coarse 4b hair. Holy Grail: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. Trying to grow it to bra strap length. Currently collar bone length.
Ok, you all just enable my PJ!! I am going to be place an order with Curls. I'm thinking, CurlyQ milkshake, Curls Quench moisturizer, and Spiral Curls cream.

btw, no one said what they smell like.
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
to me they both smelled like vanilla cake or frosting , of course the Curls milkshake was a tad stronger the Curly Qs smell .
Modified CG-Use Low Poo
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
curls milkshake smells like coconut. the only thing i hate about it is that as far as scent goes, I dont like using it with my hesmu or my devacurl gel...

might have to get an unscented gel to use for this.

btw, no one said what they smell like.
Originally Posted by SmallFry
You can buy samples at www.sistasplace.biz and try them without springing $$$ for full size. The CurlyQ milkshake smells like hot vanilla, a very nice smell. Spiral Curls Cream smells like eau de cherry lifesaver. I tried a sample of Curls Quench Moisturizer and it smelled sort of peachy, a lot like CurlKeeper.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Not sure what those ingredients are as well, but maybe you could email Mahisha and ask.

The Curls and Curly Q milkshakes originally were essentially the same, but the Curls version is reformulated, and IMO, MUCH better than the original. The original is good, but I find the newer one to be more moisturizing, and has more slip. My hair has less tangles, and I don't have to use as much.

And the smell is a plus! Yummy!
A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee!

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
After having contacted Mahisha regarding whether Curls Milkshake truly had been reformulated, she says that this product was NEVER REFORMULATED at all! She said that it is the same version as before.

The only two products that have been reformulated was Curls Whipped Cream and Curl Souffle. And Curls Spiral Cream just a fragrance change.

So these are all of the new developments that have actually occurred with Curls products that I personally know to be true.
"Curls Tester"
Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
What changed in the WC and CS? I loved both in my hair (especially WC) but they both gave me neck acne-- I'm pretty sure I used the old formulas since I bought them right after they came out. I've been tempted by milkshake but fear the same problem.
wavy / coarse / thick
Originally Posted by SYB
Oh so the ingredients were just updated then? because on her website it said one list of ingredients before and now it has these ingredients with the beeswax milk and the aloe vera milk.

I am gonna email her and ask her what those ingredients are.

I am really wanting to try it since everyone says its so good but I am trying to cut back on my spending.
Yes, Curlygoddess it's probably best that you contact Mahisha so that you can get the whole scoop.

And Blanclila, regarding WC and CS, they were reformulated to be better moisturizing and they no longer leave a dulling effect to the hair. They both have rich formulas which is why, they unfortunately gave you neck acne. Curls Milkshake is more of a creamy lotion, but I unfortunately can't guarantee you that it won't break you out, because everyone's skin is so different.
"Curls Tester"
Hey SYB, what was the fragrance change on the Spiral Cream? No longer that watermelon candy fragrance??
Thanks SYB... Yeah, unfortunately the rich butters and creams my hair LOVES are often too emollient on my face/scalp/neck skin-- and with my short hair, it's hard to keep it off the skin. Oh well! The products did make lovely body moisturizers so they didn't go to waste; at least my hands and legs don't breakout.
wavy / coarse / thick
And Curls Spiral Cream just a fragrance change.
Originally Posted by SYB
Ack, I KNEW the SCC fragrance was different. I even had my hubby smell the Sista's Place sample I had left as opposed to the new SCC I just received a few days ago. He could smell the difference, too.

When I received my new bottle I used it and thought the smell was different. I HATE it ! I used to love the whiffs I'd get during the day after using it.

I know some will be happy but I liked the scent it had before. Now it smells like a very watered down version of the Ecstasy Hair Tea, which I know most of you love. I can't stand it, unfortunately. I may even put my SCC on the swap board because of the new scent.

I love Mahisha's products and her fast, friendly responses, but I do wish they've leave some of the stuff alone or just offer a choice in scents.
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
Originally Posted by SuZen
See my previous post . Darnit, I loved the old scent. I can't wait to use up the rest of my CEHT because I can't stand the scent and now here comes the SCC smelling like a lite version of it.
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
And Curls Spiral Cream just a fragrance change.

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls
I soooooo agree with you. I wished most products would come with a choice of scent or be fragrance-free!!!! Some of it is really yucky.... I'm 38 and not really crazy about smelling like cotton candy or bubble gum. :x

With all the stuff I use on my hair: condish, styling/moisture lotion, hold gel, lavender mist (2nd/3rd day) and curl revivor spray products (2nd/3rd day) that's at least THREE different scents on top of eachother and they don't always compliment!

And let's not forget my body lotion, deodorant and perfume (for a special occassion.)
Originally Posted by blanclila
I wonder if you're suffering from oily skin on your upper body or even rosacea.

Some people may have oily skin on the face, neck and chest/upper back, while the rest of their body is normal to dry.

If you have rosacea, then you may be very sensitive to something in the product. (Rosacea can extend to the neck and slightly below.)
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
Yes, the new version of Curls Spiral Curl Cream has the same scent of Curls Asian Asian Hair Tea, but in a smaller amount. I was one of those people who did not like the first scent of it very much and did voice my opinion to the owner of Curls about her needing to come out with a fragrance free version of this stuff, but in the end it just wasn't meant to be unfortunately. Like so many others of you out there that have smelled Spiral Curls Cream in the past, I too would have preferred that this product just have been made into a fragrance free product. Or if it could have even been scented to smell like Curls Whipped Cream & Souffle that would have been alright with me too.