Frizz Won't Be Gone

Can anyone recommend a frizz tamer that actually works? I recently purchased Joico K-Pak Restorative Styling Oil and it does nothing for my frizz. I've also used Phyto Organics Veneer Shine Drops & Goldwell Kerasilk Anti-frizz serum with not great results. I have extremely dry, course & thick 3b/c hair. I almost never blow dry and let it dry over night. Have to use curling iron or flat iron to give it some style, as I'm going natural after years of straightening. Looking forward to any suggestions, thanks!
Originally Posted by genxmama
Heyy, welcome What products are you all using?
as of 6/12/11.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job.
I'm forever changing my shampoo, conditioners & leave in conditioners. Right now using a target brand shampoo, condish & styling creme Curls, which hair doesn't like at all. Using Knot Today leave in (love it!) and Kinky curly Curling Custard (also love) & Mastey Use Me First Hair Purifier with Joico KPak Deep Conditioner (once a week).
k-pak has mineral oil in which doesn't work well for a lot of us. HTH! D o the serums you are using have cones in them? A lot of cur lies with your curl type love Jane Carter Nourish and Shine, I love the smell but it was too heavy for my fine curls.
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Cond.- Yes to Carrots, Tresemme Nat., Desert essence italian red grape
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.

Last edited by Beebop; 03-17-2011 at 04:51 PM.
There really isn't a magical "frizz taming" product out there. Frizz free hair is the result of different things for different people. For some, it's the result of moisturized hair. For others, it's the result of well-styled hair. You have to learn about your own hair and find out what techniques and ingredients work for you. Luckily, there is a lot of information on these boards to guide you in the right direction.
If you've been straightening your hair for a long time, you may have to give it lots of TLC and have a lot of patience for the next little while. Your hair will probably get less frizzy the healthier it gets. I can't use products with mineral oil in them either. They make my hair flat at first and then horribly frizzy until the mineral oil is finally gone from my hair.

I LOVE Curls Gel-les'c or Curl Junkie's Curls In A Bottle (CIAB); Kinky Curly's Spiral Spritz is also nice, but I prefer the first two. After I've applied a leave-in, curl enhancing product (gelly, cream, pudding) and scrunched in some gel (need it for hold), I scrunch in some of Gel-les'c or CIAB. I then clip and diffuse for a few minutes. By using these products as a serum, it prevents any frizz from forming. As long as I don't diffuse too long, or handle my hair too much before it is completely dry, my hair looks great.

On 2nd day hair, I LOVE Donna Marie's Moisture Mist. It is the reason I have embraced my 2nd and often 3rd day hair. I never did this before. I spray it in my hand and scrunch it in my hair. It is extremely moisturizing. My hair actually gets less frizzy as the day progresses. My hair is never 100% frizz free on the 2nd or 3rd day, but still looks nice. By using the serum products I mentioned before, I never have frizz on my day 1 hair.

Leave-in conditioners are incredibly important for my hair. If I don't use one that agrees with my hair, I'll get frizz. I love MD Curly Cream, DB's Curly Styling Cream (as a LI), Shescentit's Coco Cream LI and Afro Detangler.