Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #1

hippiechic81's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Biotera Mousse

I've used the Biotera Alcohol-free Styling Mousse a few times and love it!!! I had stopped using mousse a few months ago (Pantene Curling Mousse) because of the alcohol....it was really drying my scalp. But I noticed my hair had way less volume and definition. Then I went to Sally's and saw Biotera had a mousse without alcohol and it looked CG so I decided to give it a try. Loooove it!!! I use it after CJ Curl Fuel, scrunch it in and let my hair dry for about 10-30 min, then add some HETT, diffuse, and spray on Ion Alcohol-free Hairspray(another awesome product!!) and voila! My hair has waaaaaaaay more volume and I even have been getting decent 2nd and 3rd day hair! Woohoo!
2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
- Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] [I][B]My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

hippiechic81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #2

Beebop's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

I've also used it in the past and really liked it and then I found the condition 3-in-1 alcohol free CG mousse and liked it even more because it has a little more hold. The Biotera mousse didn't work well at the beach for me but the gel worked great!
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Cond.- Yes to Carrots, Tresemme Nat., Desert essence italian red grape
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Beebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #3

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

I love the Biotera Mousse so much, I am always surprised it doesn't get more love on these boards. I can always count on a great hair day when I use a tiny dab of the Biotera Curl Creme, and then top it off with the Biotera Mousse. I typically do NOT layer products, but this is my one exception, definitely a winning combo.
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #4

hippiechic81's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011

I really like this mousse but I did learn the hard way that too much can be a bit of an issue!! On Sunday when I styled my hair, I think I used more than I needed and while my hair looked pretty good (although a tad bit crunchier than I'm used to) by yesterday it was starting to feel a little greasy. Today it was just not doing well at all so I used some dry shampoo (Oscar Blandi) and *gasp* brushed it through!! I know it's horrible to do but I felt like it was the only way to salvage myself. Tomorrow I'll be starting fresh and will use a much smaller amount!
2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

Stylers-
- Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

hippiechic81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #5

Gretchen's Avatar

Join Date: May 1999
Send a message via AIM to Gretchen

Thanks, Beebop, for putting a review in! Love to get some more reviews in from you gals!

Reviews of Biotera Alcohol-Free Styling Mousse