Old 12-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #1

Join Date: Dec 2006
Default Review: Got2B curl-vacious curled up spray

This is horrible...made my hair sticky, stiff, and hard. Used on dry hair to revive curls as it claims to do, & is a waste of money. Luckily I have my receipt and it goes back tomorrow.
shopbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #2

SmallFry's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

Thanks for the review, I was curious about it but now I'll pass. I'll go and spend my $$ on something else.
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
SmallFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #3

DominicanaHeat's Avatar

Join Date: May 2005

I used their curl cream and it was just as bad. I think that entire line is just garbage.
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
DominicanaHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #4

orangeserendipity32's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Default Re: Review: Got2B curl-vacious curled up spray

I have not used said product, but really like the Got2Be Spiked Up gel (I have thick, long, 2b/3a hair)! I have a curly haired friend that recommended it to me. It is for those who want very good hold and a tighter curl pattern that will last all day. It can get crunchy, but it looks great when scrunched out. I'm actually really excited that I found it.

As for a spray, I just started using Set It Free by Devacurl as a curl refresher, and so far so good! Leaves hair soft, and more defined.
orangeserendipity32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #5

LizzyBennet's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2004

I had great results with their curl creme when I was using it (pic in my Fotki-- November ringlets). I scrunched it into wet hair, and had to use quite a bit (hair was BSL at the time- and I have a lot of it) but had great definition, and no frizz... so different strokes I suppose. I've been thinking about going back to it.

LB
Dark Brown Boticellis.
Current Routine: L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss conditioner, Light Headed Melting Gel. Weekly shampoo with Dramatics Color Care shampoo.
LizzyBennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:47 AM   #6

Join Date: Dec 2005

The spray is horrible. I tried it when I was first starting to wear my hair curly, and I used it on wet and dry hair. Used on wet it did nothing- maybe dried it out a little. On dry hair it turned my hair into something resembling the texture of a brillo pad.

The awful results scared me away from any other of their products.
Long-time Lurker
2a-2c (3a on the best of days)
Modified CG
Shampoo 1-2 times a week, condish with Suave Naturals Coconut, style with Suave gel and Aussie Sprunch Spray
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote