Miss jessie's ?

Please help! My PJ kicked in this holiday season and I took advantage of Miss Jessie's BOGO free and purchased the Curly Pudding and got the Buttercreme for $58. How do I use these prods? On wet or dry hair? As a condish? styler? TIA!
Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
Those products are light years outside of my budget! I couldn't afford that for anything in the world even with the BOGOF, especially the way my hair soaks up products. Sorry I'm no help in how to use them. I hope they work out really well for you.
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
I have the curly pudding. It's only ok, but I do have pictures in my fotki of when I used it, I believe. I just use it like a creamy styler. I don't do the shingling like it says on there because my hair doesn't need it. I just put my leave-in, then got a few glops of curly pudding out and raked it through my hair....which, now that I think of it, is kind of similar to shingling. LOL
I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.

Used to be CG, now I'm not. Using Suave Aloe & Waterlily shampoo & condish, JoiWhip, BRHG, Suave Aloe gel, Aussie Tizz No Frizz, and anything else that looks good!
My Myspace!
The Butterceme does have mineral oil in it, so unless your hair is very dry, then it probably will be too much for you. On missjessie.com, they do have instructions on how to use the Curly Pudding to shingle with along with a lot of other styles. So definitely don't become too worried on how to use it. And with the Buttercreme it is to be used as a daily moisturizer. I must warn you though that the Buttercreme has a stong menthol/peppermint smell to it that a lot of people can't tolerate.

I do admit they are a pretty expensive investment to make.
"Curls Tester"
Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
Thank you for all of your replies! SO, is the buttercreme just like a dt in a way? I take it that the pudding is to be used like Curls Whipped Cream? I looove that stuff! Yes, ITA that it is WAY expensive! My DH wa like, "You spent $58.00 on your hair? You have so much crap already!" He's so right!

BTW, SYB, yes my 'do is quite dry and very frizz-prone! So, I guess the mineral oil won't weigh it down too drastically as long as I use small amounts of it.
Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
Tooj68, the difference between Curls Whipped Cream and Curly Pudding is that the Curly Pudding leaves your hair on the dry side, but Curls Whiped Cream doesn't. With Curly Pudding you can only use it after you have washed and conditioned your hair only, definitely not on a daily basis. But with Curls Whipped Cream you most certainly can use it everyday. An with Curls Whipped Cream you must apply it into your hair in small amounts, but with the Curly Pudding you have to use large amounts of this stuff, with each use. So one jar of the Curly Pudding really yields you at least 2 applications, where Curls Whipped Cream will last you longer than that.

And yes, with the Butterceme, using it in small amounts is definitely the way to go.

If Miss Jesie's products don't end up working for you like you like, you can always put them up for sale on here at NC, so you totally won't be out of all of your money.

Update-1/2/07

Sorry, Tooj68 but I accidentally posted about the Baby Buttercreme's fragrance, instead of the Curly Buttercreme. The Baby Buttercreme doesn't smell like peppermint at all, but instead has a sweet, babyish scent to it.
"Curls Tester"
I totally disagree you can use it everyday just like whipped cream I use a little to refresh and it works just fine and you DO NOT NEED TO USE ALOT of CP I think that's a total miss conception and it is not drying either in fact I can use this without a leave-in .

Originally Posted by SYB
To me, buttercream should have a soft, slightly buttery-vanilla scent, not peppermint/menthol.

Learn something new everyday! :P
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
Curly Pudding smells grapey

And the baby butter cream smell like baby products

Originally Posted by SYB

Learn something new everyday! :P
Originally Posted by wntrbloom
The Baby Buttercream smells babyish and vanilla; it doesn't have the peppermint/menthol.
~Break the Chains of Your Mind and Your Body will Follow~

3b/3c/4a
Oops sorry, I got mixed up on which Buttercreme Tooj68 actually ordered but yes, the Baby Buttercreme does have a sweet Baby aroma to it. Which is of course much different than the Curly Buttercreme which has a pepperminty smell to it.

And regarding the Curly Pudding & Curly Buttercreme, I did get my purchase from Miss Jessie's website, and included in my package were full instruction sheets that I took advantage of as well as the instructions that are given on their website as well as to how to use their products.
"Curls Tester"
Thanks fellow curlies for all of the very helpful info.

I actually COwashed yeaterday, doing my normal routine however instead of layering my Curls Whipped Cream under my gel, I used about the same amount of the Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding instead. My hair seems about the same.

Just wanted to give you all an update!

BTW, the Curly Pudding's grapey scent kind of bothered me while my hair was drying (4 hours-airdrying AFTER plopping) but affter my hair was dry I didn't smell it anymore.

I didn't see that much of a difference, thus I am going to finish up this tub and then stick to my Curls Whipped Cream--THAT smell is to die for!!