Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer Attatchment

It seems like it would be ideal, if it worked. Has anyone tried a bonnet attachment? The picture on the box looks pretty 80's, and I can only imagine the "astronaut" jokes I would get from my DBF, but I would LOVE to add some constant heat to my DT's, or even slip it on and do my makeup while my hair dries. It's only $9 and I spend more than that on a bottle of conditioner... should I proceed?

Conair Professional - Conair Pro Soft Bonnet Attachment

Thanks in advance, Curlies
Originally Posted by curlycandy3
I actually just picked up the gold n hot bonnet dryer last night from Sally's to try wet sets on. Since I'm new to wet setting I wanted something cheap in case this ends up not working for me. However I'm thinking if I do stick with it I'm going to spend the extra money and get a hard hat dryer later on.

Also wanted to add I picked up the Mastex Thermal Spa heated cap from Amazon for when I do DTs. It isn't very noisy however I have to sit and read or watch something on TV while I'm DTing since the cord isn't very long.
Originally Posted by sweety10189110
Please, let us know what you think!!

Update: The DBF is very supportive of the babyliss
"Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
There is a hard bonnet dryer on folica.com...I got mine last year and have seen it many times since I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $35-40 for it. I use it all of the time, works like a charm.

I used the soft bonnet dryer the other night after I did my first wet set. It was a bit of a challenge to get it over all the rollers. However I managed it but given how long it took me to get the rollers in (close to 2 hours because I'm a newbie) I didn't want to wait for it to dry. If you don't get it in the right spot it starts to come off your head while your drying (even on the low setting). I'm thinking of returning it and just getting a hard hat. I think it will be so much easier!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using CurlTalk App
Mod CG since 4/10
Products being used ATM
Wash: KCCC, CJDF, AOGPB
Rinseout:: Tresemme Naturals
Moisturizing and Volume, Yes to Cucumbers
LI: Giovanni DLI, KCKT
DT: CJH&BDF, CJCR
Every Day Stylers: KCCC, AOMM, Biotera Curl Cream, CJCCCC-Lite, CJCIAB, CJCQ, LALGs

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by sweety10189110
Thanks, sweety! (lol) The more I think and look into it, it seems like kind of a waste of $9... I'm probably going to hold off.
"Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
PS Anyone have a coupon or promo code they'd care to share.

...and if you go to the Sally's site through the Ebates site you get 6% cash back
Originally Posted by mnekaw3
RetailMeNot.com lists code 555974 for 15% off. Theres also a free shipping link too. You normally cant combine eBates with other codes unless it listed on the eBates site.
Linky:
eBates.com
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots

Last edited by Lucky Charm; 05-15-2011 at 06:42 PM.
I have one and it doesn't work well. It slips off my head and it doesn't stay on the blow dryer either.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo
Co-wash: Suave, Vo5, HE, Aussie Moist
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's)
Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil.
Methods: Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
CurlyCandy3 - have you purchased the hard hat dryer? I'm tempted everyday to pull the trigger, but I'm trying to wait for another review.

Should we start a new thread so people don't dismiss this one as only for the soft bonnet?

Originally Posted by mnekaw3
That's a negative, I have not purchased the dryer.

You know, it's not a bad idea, but there are a ton of threads about hard hat dryers. If you search "R2D2" that's a nickname for one of the other models, and it leads to a TON of reviews about both styles. I have only read great reviews about the babyliss, except for one who said they bought a professional hand held dryer and liked that better... I just don't know!! It's a good deal, but still feels like a lot of money to drop
"Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
Thanks CC3, I have a few other questions about it too...so I may just start a new thread...I'll read the R2D2 one also.

Thanks!

I actually just posted the thread on the "General Discussion" board.

Last edited by mnekaw3; 05-19-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but nothing more recent came up when I searched.

I'm new to trying to go all natural with my curls. So far, it's definitely been a learning process. However, I know already I can't continue the air drying. I've tried washing/conditioning/gel and air dry in the evening and when I go to bed 3-4 hours later, my hair's still damp. Get up looking like Medusa. I refuse to do this in the morning and spend half a day at work with wet/stiff hair, not to mention it's COLD outside.

So, I think I need to wash in the a.m. and use a dryer. Never been crazy about diffusers and my time is limited, so I'm thinking I should go for a hard hat or soft bonnet dryer I can use while I'm putting my makeup on. Seems like more people like the hard hat, but I thought a soft bonnet would allow me to move around at my vanity a little more. Thoughts?
I have no personal experience but I looked into this a bit when deciding if I wanted to go with a new dryer/diffuser or a bonnet. My thought is that, yes, the soft one should give you more mobility. To walk around with it might not be especially convenient but to stand/sit and do makeup or sit and watch tv, check emails, etc it should be good. Even one that connects to your dryer could probably run while you do you makeup - you would just have to prop your dryer in a way that provides airflow to the dryer but holds it in place. I think a hard one would severely limit any real movement and would not allow you to sit under it in a way that you could apply makeup or do much of anything productive.

I opted to go with a diffuser/dryer set-up simply because I wanted more control in forming the curls, and I don't work outside the home so I usually don't have the time issue.

Again, those are just thoughts to help you think through what might work. Hopefully someone with first-hand experience will chime in with more thoughts, too.
remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!!
My hair:
2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.
Don't put the blow dryer on a high blow setting or the bonnet will fly off of your head. I know from personal experience.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Originally Posted by juanab
Omg - that picture totally made me giggle!! good advice!!
remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!!
My hair:
2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
My routine:
Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
LI: KCKT or CJSL
Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Originally Posted by MamaCat
I just bought a hard hat dryer (BaByliss) and used it for the first time this morning. I LOVE IT. MORE THAN ANYONE SHOULD LOVE AN INANIMATE OBJECT. I need to play with variables such as products, duration of drying time and clipping, but it dried quickly with virtually no frizz.

It cuts way down on drying time, of course (I've never liked diffusers so I've always air-dried) but I was held captive in my chair. I read a fashion magazine and pretended to be at the salon. But if you're sitting at your vanity for a long period of time, you could just wheel the dryer up behind your seat and dry as your put on makeup, etc. I don't wear much makeup so I imagine I will be reading or checking my email most mornings.
*3B, medium/fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity, shoulder-length when dry.