Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer Attatchment

Conair Professional - Conair Pro Soft Bonnet Attachment

Thanks in advance, Curlies
"Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
[QUOTE=curlycandy3;1660422]It seems like it would be ideal, if it worked. Has anyone tried a bonnet attachment? The picture on the box looks pretty 80's, and I can only imagine the "astronaut" jokes I would get from my DBF, but I would LOVE to add some constant heat to my DT's, or even slip it on and do my makeup while my hair dries. It's only $9 and I spend more than that on a bottle of conditioner... should I proceed?

I researched that one and what I found is its mostly used for DT,not for styling. I too was very tired of walking around wet, or taking forever to defuse. I made the plunge and got the babyliss pro ionic hard hat dryer on a pole about $99 bucks from Sallys. Best decision ever. My hair dryes in 20-25 minutes instead of 5 hours.

What ever you do let us know!
[QUOTE=Goin'Grey;1660599]

What ever you do let us know!
Originally Posted by curlycandy3
I tried one of those soft vinyl dryer hoods you attach to your blowdryer. On first use it got so hot it almost melted,detatched itself then went flying across the room.
I took it back and decided to get serious. I have the Babyliss dryer that goin gray has, and totally agree with her. Love it! money well spent.

Please do tell...
Do you find it leaves more frizz than air drying or diffusing on low?
What setting do you use and how long does it take for your hair to be completely dry?
Do you flip your head upside down under it, or just sit still and leave hair untouched the entire time?

I'm very interested to hear more reviews, are there may different brands and which are best?
[QUOTE=mnekaw3;1660693]I didn't even realize you could get a "hard hat" dryer for your home, I've just never thought about it.

Please do tell...
Do you find it leaves more frizz than air drying or diffusing on low?

QUOTE]

Honey, come and sit next to me and let me tell you about my hair dryer. 5-6 hours it used to take me to air dry. Going everywhere looking like a wet rat.
Defusing left me a frizzy mess.

I get zero frizz from my beloved hard hat dryer. Sit under it and sit still. No frizz.
Conair Professional - Babyliss - BaByliss Pro Thermal Ionic Rollabout Dryer
I got it at sally's.
[QUOTE=Goin'Grey;1660758]
Originally Posted by mnekaw3
When I was at Sally's today they were pulling this exact model out of the packaging and putting it on display. I literally gasped and bee-lined up to it. I really want one, its just hard to justify the hundred bucks on a hairdryer...
[QUOTE=curlycandy3;1661064]
Originally Posted by mnekaw3
Think of the time you'll save, when you can roll that
dryer up to your computer, set down your breakfast, lunch, or snack, and have a seat while you dry your freshly cleansed and conditioned and gelled hair in the time it takes to read curl talk, delete some emails and pay a few bills on line.While you eat.
My shoulder length thick hair dries in 15-20 minutes, using the high, ionising setting.No frizz, because you don't touch your hair while it dries.
I don't use it daily, but I don't wet my hair down every day. I use it 2-3 times a week.

Not to be a pushy enabler, but I just clicked that link and its now $79 on sale.

Last edited by crwritt; 05-11-2011 at 07:26 PM.
[QUOTE=crwritt;1661078]

Think of the time you'll save, when you can roll that

Originally Posted by curlycandy3
Oh, man... and I received a 15% off coupon after my purchase today... this is not helping my "don't buy it" campaign lol. And knowing my DBF (And he is Darling because of this,) he would say, "if it will help you get done faster and with less stress, you should get it." He's a huge supporter of my healthy curls. Honestly, after these posts, I am seriously considering it.
"Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
Alright, you all have convinced me. I placed an order this morning. Be aware that shipping cost me $18. However, even with that, I still think it is a decent price. I'll let you all know how I like it.
I had one of those a few years ago when i was relaxed. used to rollerset with it.
Pulled it out a couple of months ago to use it for a DC and after 30 secs, my dryer burnt it, mlted a big hole into it and had to throw it away (it was over 15 year sold i may add). Bought it in the US so couldn't even return it. Bummer cauz i used to love it back in the days
Last Relaxer: 2000
Shampoo: Curls Cleansing Cream, CJ Curl Assurance & Daily Fix
Conditioner & DC: Curls Coconut Sublime & Curl Ecstasy, DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Crown Pride Tucuma Curl Moisture Mask
Leave-In: Curl Ectasy
Moisturizer: Darcy's Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream, Oyin Whipped Pudding & Hair Dew
Oil: JBCO, Argan oil
Gel: Oyin Shine & Define
Hair Type: 3C / 4A / high porosity / fine

Pray for Japan / 頑張れ日本!
Defusing left me a frizzy mess.

Conair Professional - Babyliss - BaByliss Pro Thermal Ionic Rollabout Dryer
I got it at sally's.

LOL!!

Oh boy is this tempting...I usually sit w/ a cup of coffee for about 20 minutes watching the news each morning anyway, and I'd LOVE not to go through 1/2 my day looking like a drowned rat.

Is the link above what everyone would recommend for a hard hat dryer? Are there any other models out there that people like?
$79 dollars does seem like a great deal...somebody stop me!
I've been thinking on these lately too and had no idea there was one like this! My question, is it loud like a regular hair dryer?
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
Picture this, me in my office, checking e-mail, drinking coffee, so toasty under my dryer. 20 minutes later, ready to rock and roll. I went through two whole winters of wet hair. The defuse did not work for me. If you can defuse, then great. It took me hours to defuse and I'd get a lot of frizz. Such a deal! Tee hee I don't get a commission!
Love your hair: Love yourself!
I'm wondering, too, if its loud. Not a big deal because everyone in the house is a heavy sleeper, but just curious. I really, REALLY might get this... with my coupon it's only $67... aaahhh! That's a great deal for a good dryer anyhow, and the rollabout would eliminate the extra time/stress I get dealing with frizz after diffusing...
Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
"Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
Okay I'm going to talk to DH tonight and see how crazy he thinks I am before I make the buy.

While I'm at it...I don't have a Sally's close by and never had a chance to use their products. Since I'm paying for shipping....any suggestions?

Looking for a low-pow anyway, and I've always wanted to try the Bioterra gel and creme. Any other must have's while my credit card is getting a work out?

Yes, and how loud is this dryer? Will I be able to hear the TV while I'm under it?
PS Anyone have a coupon or promo code they'd care to share.

...and if you go to the Sally's site through the Ebates site you get 6% cash back
If you have a sally's they should have it on display so check out the loudness.
Things I can tell you.
I can not hear the phone or tv while under it. I do office work or read while under it.
I will go test my blow dryer and babyliss...hang on. I would say a bit louder than my blow dryer, but also my head is right in it.
Love your hair: Love yourself!
I also suggest if you've never tryed one, sit under one at your beauty salon. That's how I got hooked.

Conair Professional - Conair Pro Soft Bonnet Attachment

Thanks in advance, Curlies
Originally Posted by curlycandy3
I actually just picked up the gold n hot bonnet dryer last night from Sally's to try wet sets on. Since I'm new to wet setting I wanted something cheap in case this ends up not working for me. However I'm thinking if I do stick with it I'm going to spend the extra money and get a hard hat dryer later on.

Also wanted to add I picked up the Mastex Thermal Spa heated cap from Amazon for when I do DTs. It isn't very noisy however I have to sit and read or watch something on TV while I'm DTing since the cord isn't very long.
Mod CG since 4/10
Products being used ATM
Wash: KCCC, CJDF, AOGPB
Rinseout:: Tresemme Naturals
Moisturizing and Volume, Yes to Cucumbers
LI: Giovanni DLI, KCKT
DT: CJH&BDF, CJCR
Every Day Stylers: KCCC, AOMM, Biotera Curl Cream, CJCCCC-Lite, CJCIAB, CJCQ, LALGs

Last edited by sweety10189110; 05-12-2011 at 03:06 PM.