Old 06-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #1

Default Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair

Anyone use this? I thought it would be the replacement for Elixir I had been hoping for.

I am torn between using this and either the Be Curly Style Prep or the Smooth Infusion Prep. I am hoping one of the three would better (lighter) with Confixtor instead of my usual Be Curly Enhancer.
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #2

Join Date: Jan 2011

I just received a sample of it in the mail, haven't tried it yet but am hopeful. I read some reviews on aveda's website saying it was a great replacement for elixir (which I never got to try.)

Regarding your other products you're debating about, I use all of them, typically instead of the be curly curl enhancer (which I don't find to be light enough for my fine hair.) I don't use the confixor though- I prefer phomollient because it's less sticky and easier for me to work with. But their results are similar from what I understand. I think you might like the smooth infusion style prep followed by the confixor- it really makes hair super soft with nice slip. Not a detangler though (I think the damage remedy is more for that purpose.) I find the smooth infusion loosens my curls a little more compared with the be curly style prep which really boosts curl. But if I use the be curly style prep, then I still need the smooth infusion before that product or else my hair feels too heavy/coated. Personally, I don't think the be curly style prep is what you need as a replacement for the curl enhancer because I use it for a touch more hold since phomollient is very light- but confixor has more hold in it than the phomollient. The curl enhancer isn't a hold product but can get heavy, so I think the smooth infusion style prep is your product- it's lighter than the be curly style prep minus the hold, plus it's not heavy or coating feeling at all. I can't comment on the damage remedy, but I do know the smooth infusion is used by plenty of very fine haired people without it ever getting heavy feeling. Hope that helps!

Low Poo
(Aveda's damage remedy); Styling: Aveda's: Color Conserve Daily leave in+ Be Curly Style Prep+ Phomollient (mixed w/ Defining Whip)

Last edited by slivola; 08-27-2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typos
Old 08-27-2011, 05:47 AM   #3

Join Date: Jul 2001

Thanks for the information! The Damage Remedy is somewhat similar to Elixir.

I tried the Smooth Prep and it is ok too. It pulls my curls out a bit but all products with cones do that to my hair. I didnt care for the Be Curly Prep, it left a very producty feel in my hair.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #4

Join Date: Jan 2011

Thanks for the info about the damage remedy. I will try it this weekend. I know exactly what you mean about the be curly style prep feeling producty. That's why I can only use it following a leave in type product. I also like a pea size of it mixed with my phomollient for a touch of extra curl boost.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #5

Join Date: Jan 2011

Wow, I tried the damage remedy hair repair today on my day 2 hair like I would with a curl creme to refresh. Amazing results! Looked like day 1!

Has this product now replaced your be curly curl enhancer? That's the product I think this will replace, but now I think I will try using this instead of the smooth infusion style prep on days I want more curl boost. I think it will pair nicely if I follow with the be curly style prep. I agree that the style prep does have a producty feeling to it but I like it after a leave in because it gives me a little hold and texture (ironcially, I find the confixor you use to be too producty feeling for me, so I guess it just depends...)

I am an aveda PJ, ugh!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #6

Join Date: Jan 2011

P.S. Do you know if the damage remedy has cones?

Last edited by slivola; 08-27-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #7

Join Date: Jul 2001

I have used it in place of the Be Curly. It has Dimethicone in the last 3 ingredients.

I hear you on the Aveda PJ thing. I have tried gels, mousses, and creams from drugstore and salon this summer but I always end up going back to Aveda stylers.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #8

Join Date: Jan 2011

I am really loving this damage remedy leave in, thank you so much for posting about it because I don't know if I would have tried the sample until reading your post.

I am just using the tiniest dab of it as my LI and I have had amazing results every time I use it. I love how it also enhances curls with no hold or producty feel- so awesome and hard to find! I have ditched the aveda curl enhancer for good now- I had been going back and forth with it, and now it's been replaced with this product. My day 2 hair has been fab with it, too. Thanks again!

Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #9

Join Date: Jul 2001

Yay! Glad it is working for you