Old 06-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #1

Default Andalou Naturals at Whole Foods

Just got two conditioners (for all types and for curly/dry) and gel and styling cream. On sale right now. Can't wait to try. Anyone using and liking?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #2

Beebop's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by lapluie View Post
Let us know how they work...I was just looking at those at my Whole foods as well, they look pretty good!
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Cond.- Yes to Carrots, Tresemme Nat., Desert essence italian red grape
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Beebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #3

Join Date: Apr 2011

Today I used conditioner for curly/dry and styling cream (and CJ Assurance leave in). They are ok. I have conditioners and creams that work better for me. Conditioner detangled all right (most other ones I have are more slippy and detangling than this one), and when I rinsed it my hair wasn't all that soft. But it was fine, I have more problem with heavy conditioners that are hard to rinse and weigh hair down. This one didn't, was easy to rinse. But it took a bit of work to detangle with a leave in.

Styling cream I'm not sure how I feel about. I didn't get much definition, and ended up with a ton of frizz, but it's rainy today, maybe it's a dry weather product.

I'm not all that curious about other conditioner and gel now. Maybe I'll take them back without even trying.

Ingredients do look good tho. Might work for someone else.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #4

Join Date: Dec 2009

I am watching this thread...I bought some and then saw that someone with hair just like mine hated it. But I am pressing ahead anyway. I will try to use them quickly, I guess, since they have cones (or at least the Sweet Orange and Argan Oil poo/condish do).

Let the reviews commence!
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
3c4d7zwhatevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #5

Beebop's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

The only thing that kept me from buying was the soy protein and glycerin since too much glycerin makes my curls limp and greasy looking and I think soy protein makes me dry and frizzy ( at least with Giovanni products).

The only other thing I can suggest is after using a styling/curl cream it may increase your curl but not be heavy enough to keep down your natural fly aways and frizz and you would need to use the gel for that, so the gel may be worth the try and of course W.F. will always give you your money back.
Cond.- Yes to Carrots, Tresemme Nat., Desert essence italian red grape
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Beebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #6

Join Date: Apr 2011

I used the other conditioner (for all hair types) and gel today (couldn't bring myself to just return them without at least trying), and glad I did. They both worked better for me. Conditioner left hair feeling softer. Gel doesn't dry crunchy, leaves hair soft, but doesn't have much hold (it says it's medium hold), and in some spots I had not much definition, and there was some frizz, but it was easily fixed with a little pomade. I find it comparable to Alba gel, in consistency (both are thick) and results. On my hair anyway.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #7

montREALady's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011

I'm here now looking at the hair spray... The line is on sale again until the 26th (NYC).

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App

montREALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #8

Ms.Cabernet's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011

I haven't used the hair products, but the skin care products (cleanser, toner and night cream) are good.
Ms.Cabernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #9

mbeckhhp's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by Beebop View Post

I have hair very similar to yours Beebop. Baught the gel and used for first time,Iooking for something without so much crunch(medium hold) O yeah, I forgot! Its not even totally dry, and frizzing, and not much definition.Back to making FSG
3a/2a/spirals ultraF-i/ii,med/hi porosity,med/elasticity,colortreated/grey[LIST][*][U]Cowash[/C.J. daily fix,TJ nourish, Condish BCB, Peter Lamas volumizing mixed w a dab of CJ smoothing ,kenra moisture,CJ curl rehab Leaveins,KCKT,KomazaCalifia,GDLIStylers:FSG,*JMOgel,w/ Kenra volumizing mousse KCCC&BRHG, CJ CIAB.w/Aussie freeze gel.FOTE on dry. DT:biolageCB or curl rehab over megatek.

Last edited by mbeckhhp; 05-08-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo