Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #1

Default Robert Craig Conditioner

Robert Craig Conditioner
www.robertcraig.com and also at select salons

16 oz., $22.00

Key Ingredients: water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, glycerin, panthenol, phytantriol, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, juniperus communis fruit extract, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, geranium maculatum extract, salvia officinalis (sage) extract, propylene glycol, hair keratin amino acids, polyquaternium-7, sodium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, fragrance, red 33, yellow 5.

========================
I was initially put off by the price, seeing as how my main squeeze has been Trader Joe Nourish & coconut oil. But I wanted to give this a try because I use and like the Robert Craig color.

Do not be put off by the price...this stuff is great! It's also concentrated. I apply about a tbs. to dripping wet hair, and then add a little more water to get the best detangling, conditioning effect. (In contrast, I have to use at least a 1/4 cup of Devacurl OneC)

This is similar to Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, but eliminates frizz way better (at least for me) and I can use it as a leave-in (which I can't say for any other rinse-out conditioner I have used). It also seems to have a cumulative effect with each co-wash (but no build-up)

Likes:
- Lots of slip
- Lots of moisture
- Lots of softening
- Concentrated
- Multi-purpose (co-wash, rinse-out and/or leave-in)
- Excellent de-frizzer
- Excellent detangler
- CG friendly
- Pleasant, faint smell

Dislikes
- Price
- Not available in my area at salons or BSS, only on line
- Only one size (16 oz. ) available

Rating: (Note, I'm no longer using Holy Grail/HG as a rating)

Definite repurchase, likely to become a staple - this is my top rating

Old 01-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #2

Join Date: Nov 2004

I've been dying to try this for months and you are not helping me avoid it

How is it for volumizing and/or curl enhancing? I think Laurabeth mentioned it left her with somewhat hair flat. Any thoughts?

Thanks for a great review.
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
icequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #3

Join Date: May 2006

It didn't volumize for me but it didn't reduce volume either. Since I am a 4a it's very complementary for my hair as I'm not looking for a tighter curl, just good management for what I have.

Unfortunately they don't have samples or small sizes, so if you buy the 16 oz. you own it or have to swap it. If you do and it doesn't work, post it on the swap. If I see it I'll take it off your hands

Old 01-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #4

Join Date: Nov 2004

You may be pushing me over the edge this week. No buildup right? I can feel my hands edging toward the site....
3a Colored, Layered

Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #5

laurabeth33's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2003

Originally Posted by icequeen
I use it for the week after coloring because I KNOW it won't leech out any of my hair-to-color gray's color (wow, that's a tongue-twister). I really am impressed with it. While it's not weighing me down to flat or anything, it doesn't add any volume either. I seem a smidge less volumeous, and I have a lot of hair so it's definitely worth mentioning but not a deterent unless your hair was very thin/fine and volume was your end-all.
laurabeth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #6

Join Date: May 2006

Don't look to me, another PJ, to restrain you.

No buildup... and I'm using a tiny bit as a leave-in on 2nd/3rd day (lightly damp) hair.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #7

medusahair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

Stop talking about expensive stuff I can't afford right now! Don't you know I'm twitching with PJ frustration now?!
I want to order their shampoo for soft water already. Money needs to fall from the sky so I can shop already!
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusahair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #8

Originally Posted by medusahair
I think for the shampoos you can get a sample pack, just not the conditioner. Sorry my bad

Old 01-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #9

medusahair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

Oh yay , I'll have to find out about the sample pack, thanks!
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusahair is offline   Reply With Quote