Old 06-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #1

Join Date: Jun 2011
Default herbal essences totally twisted

Hey curlies! Have any of you guys tried the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted conditioner and gel? If you have what were your thoughts on it ?
Elena876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #2

Rusycurly's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011

I have the gel. It works pretty well. Haven't used the conditioner but I would check to see if it has cones...I'm not sure.
Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,

Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
Rusycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #3

hippiechic81's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011

I had used this in the middle of winter and it's a nice product but if you are looking for a stronger hold, it's not going to be enough.
2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
- Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] [I][B]My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

hippiechic81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #4

Join Date: Sep 2010

I hated the gel. It did nothing for my hair. It dried crunchy and blah with no curl definition, and it didn't have nice hold. The conditioner was amazing when I wasn't CG, but it has dimethicone in it, so I had to stop using it. It was nice and rich and creamy and moisturizing and the scent was amazing, though.
Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
Mod-CG since 12/1/10!
wavynwild16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #5

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

Haven't tried the conditioner. I disliked the gel because it just left my hair stringy and hardly any hold. I am a wavy and need a hard hold gel instead!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

asianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #6

ttlolla's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011

I have tried the conditioner, it has lots of slip but I prefer hello hydration for curl formation
ttlolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #7

kinkycurlyDT's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010

I use this every so often to cowash, but when I use this i know I'll have to shampoo soon because of the cone. This is I think one of the only condish I have with cones. It's ok, not sure if it's a repurchase though.
kinkycurlyDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #8

QuirkyCat's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011

I haven't tried the conditioner, but the gel was horrible, and made my hair look really greasy. It also burned my neck, so I couldn't wear ponytails until it healed. hth!
2b/c/low porosity/medium thick
Styler: KCCC
QuirkyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #9

Join Date: Jun 2011

Thank you for all the reviews. I bought the conditioner and gel two days ago. I LOVED the conditioner, but I hated the gel . It didn't form any curls and left it frizzy.
Elena876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #10

Join Date: May 2011

I haven't used the gel but I love the conditioner. I'm not cg but the cone that is in it is water soluble. It's really moisturizing and I like it as a leave in
Shondadini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #11

avid_naomi's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011

I've read a lot of reviews about this, and it seems like one of those either you love it or hate it kind of product.

I, for one, really like it - it's one of my faves, but I really only like it in the summer, when I don't need as much product. It is a lighter hold gel, but I like my curls to be soft and natural looking. IMO, Overly defined curls LOOK like they have a lot of product in them... but during the winter, or any time/place where wind or moisture might be an issues, I prefer something with a harder hold.

I haven't tried the TT conditioner as a COwash yet. HE conditioners are hit & miss for me, but I will try it eventually. I believe most of them do have 'cones, but usually its amethidcone, which a lot of curles actually like.

If TT doesn't work for you, try the set me up gel (harder hold) and the hello hydration and long term relationship are really good/well liked conditioners

HTH
3b/corkicelli, color treated, loves moisture, s-wavies on top, tight cork screws underneath and on the sides
Product Junkie!
Modified CG, on hard/well water
avid_naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #12

Gretchen's Avatar

Join Date: May 1999
Send a message via AIM to Gretchen

Love to get some more reviews of the Totally Twisted Conditioner, ladies!
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #13

NvmbrCurlss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

Bah-bah-bump it, bump it real good...

Just wanted to comment on the new Jeweled Orchid version. Love it!... and I just posted a stellar review in the product search.
3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
NoP: As I Am CC
RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
NvmbrCurlss is offline   Reply With Quote