Jane Carter Solution

Hi Ladies,

I've never written a review before, but after reading a bit about this line I took the plunge and bought and tried several of the JCS products. I purchased the Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner ($12), Revitalizing Leave in Conditioner ($8 ), Nourish and Shine ($20), and Wrap and Roll ($8 ). I decided to go with Wrap and Roll instead of her gel, Condition and Sculpt because the label says it dries crunchy and I wanted to avoid that. For anyone who is hard core CG, this stuff fits the bill. No cones, no petroleum products. Also, I love that they are earth-friendly and she uses ingredients that support communities in developing nations. Earth AND Woman-friendly-- what's not to like?

So... I conditioned with the Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner and was fairly impressed. It had nice slip and detangled well. My hair actually felt conditioned when it was rinsed out, not at all dry. It seemed to have similar slip and conditioning feeling to Devacurl OneC (my HG). It also has a nice clean herbal scent which I found quite pleasant. My only issue with this product was it's price. $12 for an 8oz bottle is really a bit more than I can afford.

I then spritzed in the leave in conditioner, which had a similar herbal scent. It's very light-weight and while I didn't develop nape tangles today, I did shower late in the day-- so we'll see how it holds up to a full day tomorrow. I am not sure about this product. I have no way of knowing if it works well or not because- for me- leave ins take more time to figure out.

Here's where I may have gone wrong... I scrunched the excess moisture and added a pea-size amount of Nourish and Shine and then scrunched in a few pump fulls of the wrap and roll foam. I have to say that I had some great clumping and long banana curls which I was very happy about, however, after a night out, I had quite a bit of frizz- but the rest seemed rather shiny and tangle-free.

I think tomorrow, I am going to try applying the Nourish and Shine and rake Wrap and Set into soaking wet hair and then scrunch out the extra water. I'll let y'all know how that goes. Overall I like the products' clean smell and the fact that even after a night out in the city, my hair doesn't feel tangly at all. It just remains to be seen if these products are worth the expense.

So- more as I get the hang of these products, but so far, I like.

Dark Brown Boticellis.
Current Routine: L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss conditioner, Light Headed Melting Gel. Weekly shampoo with Dramatics Color Care shampoo.
OK, so here's my final verdict. Conditioner and Nourish and Shine are great products... the leave in and wrap and roll, not so much. The stylers that I used had no hold at all and my hair was fluffy and somewhat frizzy at the end of the day. Their only plus was that I had no tangles and a few beautiful banana curls at the end of the day. I am going to try to find a use for them, but they are definitely not for me. I think they might work better for people with tighter curl patterns, or who have coarse hair. They are VERY moisturizing, but as someone with a loose curl pattern and heavy, fine hair (weird, I know, but I just have LOTS of hair with fine strands), I need something with hold. Oh well. I picked up Gariner Fructis brilliantine shine cream-gel to try. It's got extra strong hold and creamy consistency and seems to be appropriate for my modified CG routine. We'll see.

Thanks for your review. I look at these products every time I go to Whole Foods
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I've used the condition and sculpt and depending on how much you use it can or cannot leave crunch. The nice thing is that it comes out easy and still holds really well. I would recommend you give it a shot.

Between 3a/3b
“Law is order, and good law is good order” (Aristotle).
Thanks for the review. I've been eyeing these products myself.
"What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
fine, wavy - 2b/3a
KCNT and KKCC
If I put any of this stuff up on the swap board, could I interest any of you ladies in it? I'm giving serious thought to just finding some decent drug store products and going from there... leaving this stuff in a bit of a product graveyard. I am in grad school, after all...