-   -   Yes to Carrots = One Condition?? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/129496-yes-carrots-%3D-one-condition.html)

Jujube 07-10-2011 01:22 PM

Yes to Carrots = One Condition??

I've been using the 99-cent Suave Tropical Coconut as a co-wash and a conditioner for awhile now (and like the results), but decided to try Deva's One Condition, to see if it helped any more. But while I was at Ulta, I took a look around to see what they had in the "cheaper" section that maybe had the same ingredients. I stumbled upon Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner and noticed something interesting:

Y2C: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, (followed by a ton of extracts), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate

OC: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Esters, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, (ton of extracts), Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

I haven't used Y2C yet and it's been awhile since I've used OC, but I wondered if anyone else noticed the similarities between the two? Have you used either/both and noticed your hair liking them both equally? It might be worth noting that Y2C was only about $7 for about 17 oz, unlike OC's $18 for 12 oz. I was slightly worried about the "Sodium" that appeared at the bottom of the ingredient list for Y2C, but it seems like such a small amount. Plus, Y2C has Dead Sea Water/silt, which I think is neat. Oh, and I can use my Ulta coupon toward it, but not toward the OC. So that's a plus.

anaturalme 07-10-2011 02:52 PM

I like ytc it detangles my 4a hair well and leaves it soft and moisturized. I haven't tried the other conditioner though.

smashleighfig 07-10-2011 08:25 PM

I LOVE the Y2C Conditioner! I alternate between it and Sally's generic matrix biolage, both great and cheap :D

LISA LISA 07-11-2011 07:57 AM

Yes to worked wayyyyyy better for me - and smelled better than One C.

However, I like Yes to Cucs better than both of those.

evelynnalfred 07-11-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by LISA LISA (Post 1714292)
Yes to worked wayyyyyy better for me - and smelled better than One C.

However, I like Yes to Cucs better than both of those.

I've only tried Yes to Cucumbers, but I imagine Carrots is similar. My hair loves it.

naturalnewb 07-11-2011 09:22 AM

Like some of the other respondents, I have only used the Yes to Cucumbers. It worked really well for my 4a hair: left my hair moisturized and easy to detangle.

OhSunshinex3 04-08-2013 05:06 PM

I read this post and decided to test this out and I found that the Yes to Carrots worked just like the One Condition does on my hair. I also found that the Yes to Carrots worked well as a leave-in when I used no product as opposed to the One Conditioner which sometimes frizzes out my hair when I don't use a gel afterwards. (I think that's because of the glycerin.) I am not a HUGE fan of the scent. I prefer the smell of the One Condition but that's just my personal opinion. I don't find the Yes to Carrots scent unpleasant at all though. Unless I find a different conditioner, I may keep using the Yes to Carrots and not repurchase the One Condition because it is very pricey!

CappuccinoCurls 04-12-2013 11:22 AM

I've used YTC a long time ago but really liked it. I like it about the same as DEVA one condition. I also like Trader Joes Tea Tree conditioner as well.

stefflg79 05-11-2013 06:24 AM

I am also looking for an alternative to Onecondition. It sounds like Yes to Carrots is a good one to try, so I am wondering if anyone else has tried both and how their results have differed.
I am also curious about the Yes to Cucumber and Trader Joes TTT. Do either if them work as well, creating curl definition & fighting frizz as Onecondition? Thanks!

Samanthascurlz 05-11-2013 04:15 PM

I love DC- OC and ran out. I couldn't justify paying $18. So I did my research on here and many people said YTC cond. had similar ingredients as the one cond. I bought it for only $8.97 @ Walmart. I LOVED IT. It detangled amazingly, just the same as OC. I am so happy that now I know I can cut the costs but not sacrifice the best detangling conditioner.

Julesonline 05-12-2013 10:38 PM

I love the YTC conditioner. I have used the Devacurl OC and after a while my hair was getting frizzier. I attribute it to the glycerine (maybe) and the hops (which is a protein). So, I returned it to Ulta. I am now on my second bottle of YTC :). I alternate that with Matrix Biolage CB (or GVP CB) and TNNM.

ChrissyC 05-13-2013 02:25 PM

Loved yes to carrots but switched to cucumbers because I have color treated hair. I use it pretty regularly and love it. It's glycerin and protein free which can be hard to find. My hair loves it and my kids use the carrots now. Great price!

CurlyCutie1394 05-13-2013 04:43 PM

YTC works way better on my low porosity hair smells better and is cheaper

Beebop 05-14-2013 10:20 AM

I love the yes to carrots & the new yes to cucumbers conditioner & can't decide which one I like better, I have the new yes to cucumber shampoo as well and it's really nice too, kind of has the consistency of an aloe gel unlike the yes to carrots shampoo which has a normal consistency. My DH likes the smell of the cucumber better so though I'd try it for his sake.
I also got the anti-frizz cream by yes to carrots and use about a dime size amount after getting out of the shower and using my AOMM & condition 3-in-1mousse after that and plopping before diffusing and it seems to help boost my curls and clump them.
I like the way my hair smells after using both conditioners but I think the carrots leaves a nice smell longer, does anyone else notice if the scents linger so that your hair smells great all day?

abstractcurls 05-16-2013 11:10 AM

Has anyone tried yes to blueberries conditioner? I really wish they would come out with a protein free super moisturizing one

frizzinfla 06-07-2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by abstractcurls (Post 2170690)

I just bought yes to blueberries conditioner and LOVE it. Used as leave in and have had great hair for two days in tropical storm weather. Lots of slip, too, which is always a challenge for me.

Fluffy01 06-11-2013 08:36 AM

I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but I just went to pick these up at Target...looks like a formula change. :( Unless you gals are talking about the new formula. They redid the bottles and luckily still had an old bottle nearby. I compared ingredients...they aren't the same. The Yes to Carrots is now for Scalp problems, Blueberries for health, etc. The Carrots has salicylic acid in the conditioner of all things.

Beebop 06-11-2013 12:28 PM

There are two yes to carotts formulas, the old one and the new scalp one, so they still have both.

Fluffy01 06-11-2013 12:30 PM

Which ones do you all like? The Scalp or the regular? I guess my Target was just running low on all the regulars cause the one I got was the last one....the others were all the new.

Beebop 06-11-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fluffy01 (Post 2179246)

I've always liked the regular carrots formula, it smells so good and the scalp formula smells like tea tree which I'm not a fan of. The new cucumber is really nice as well, my DH really likes it a lot.