Yes to Carrots = One Condition??

I've been using the 99-cent Suave Tropical Coconut as a co-wash and a conditioner for awhile now (and like the results), but decided to try Deva's One Condition, to see if it helped any more. But while I was at Ulta, I took a look around to see what they had in the "cheaper" section that maybe had the same ingredients. I stumbled upon Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner and noticed something interesting:

Y2C: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, (followed by a ton of extracts), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate

OC: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Esters, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, (ton of extracts), Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

I haven't used Y2C yet and it's been awhile since I've used OC, but I wondered if anyone else noticed the similarities between the two? Have you used either/both and noticed your hair liking them both equally? It might be worth noting that Y2C was only about $7 for about 17 oz, unlike OC's $18 for 12 oz. I was slightly worried about the "Sodium" that appeared at the bottom of the ingredient list for Y2C, but it seems like such a small amount. Plus, Y2C has Dead Sea Water/silt, which I think is neat. Oh, and I can use my Ulta coupon toward it, but not toward the OC. So that's a plus.
I like ytc it detangles my 4a hair well and leaves it soft and moisturized. I haven't tried the other conditioner though.
I LOVE the Y2C Conditioner! I alternate between it and Sally's generic matrix biolage, both great and cheap
Ashleigh Elizabeth
CG Since 7/2/2011
In Between 2c & 3a

CO WASH- Suave Naturals
CONDISH- Sally's Generic value products conditioning balm
LEAVE IN- KCKT
STYLE- Ice Queen method
GELS- LA Looks Absolute styling sport // IC hair polisher styling gel with sparkle lites
HG- KCC = AMAZING! My secret weapon!
FINISH- Plop // Pixiecurl diffuser method (on occasion)

Learning To Embrace My Curls!
Yes to worked wayyyyyy better for me - and smelled better than One C.

However, I like Yes to Cucs better than both of those.
Yes to worked wayyyyyy better for me - and smelled better than One C.

However, I like Yes to Cucs better than both of those.
Originally Posted by LISA LISA
I've only tried Yes to Cucumbers, but I imagine Carrots is similar. My hair loves it.
Like some of the other respondents, I have only used the Yes to Cucumbers. It worked really well for my 4a hair: left my hair moisturized and easy to detangle.

I read this post and decided to test this out and I found that the Yes to Carrots worked just like the One Condition does on my hair. I also found that the Yes to Carrots worked well as a leave-in when I used no product as opposed to the One Conditioner which sometimes frizzes out my hair when I don't use a gel afterwards. (I think that's because of the glycerin.) I am not a HUGE fan of the scent. I prefer the smell of the One Condition but that's just my personal opinion. I don't find the Yes to Carrots scent unpleasant at all though. Unless I find a different conditioner, I may keep using the Yes to Carrots and not repurchase the One Condition because it is very pricey!
I've used YTC a long time ago but really liked it. I like it about the same as DEVA one condition. I also like Trader Joes Tea Tree conditioner as well.
Current routine:
DEVA No Poo, as a shampoo and conditioner in one (can be used on dry hair to remove build up, then wet hair and complete washing process).

DEVA One Conditioner or TJ Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner as a co-wash (1 - 2X a week)

DEVA light gel & volumizing mousse on very wet hair, scrunch with a microfiber towel

Diffuse with duck clips

HAIR STATS

*3a

*Low porosity
*Low hair density
*Fine hair, but lots of it
I am also looking for an alternative to Onecondition. It sounds like Yes to Carrots is a good one to try, so I am wondering if anyone else has tried both and how their results have differed.
I am also curious about the Yes to Cucumber and Trader Joes TTT. Do either if them work as well, creating curl definition & fighting frizz as Onecondition? Thanks!
Fine/Thin hair (low density)
Normal porosity
Normal Elasticity

Techniques: Modified Super Soaker, plopping, pixe diffusing, clipping

Low poo: Acure, Y2Cukes
Co Wash: SNRS, Suave Tropical Coconut
RO: Y2C
Style: FSG (HG!!!!), with HETT & BRHG or Devacurl Ultra light defining Gel
PT: IAGirls Gelatin
DT: GVP CB mixed with Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Agave (or honey).

Favorite Styling tools: Devafuser, Deva clips & Flour Sack Towels
I love DC- OC and ran out. I couldn't justify paying $18. So I did my research on here and many people said YTC cond. had similar ingredients as the one cond. I bought it for only $8.97 @ Walmart. I LOVED IT. It detangled amazingly, just the same as OC. I am so happy that now I know I can cut the costs but not sacrifice the best detangling conditioner.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls
I love the YTC conditioner. I have used the Devacurl OC and after a while my hair was getting frizzier. I attribute it to the glycerine (maybe) and the hops (which is a protein). So, I returned it to Ulta. I am now on my second bottle of YTC . I alternate that with Matrix Biolage CB (or GVP CB) and TNNM.
JulesOnline

3A/B? A corkicelli mix of ringlets, spirals, helixes & s-shaped curls
Medium-fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Summer: pink; Winter: Blue; Year Round: green
Lo-Poo:Giovanni SAS sulfate free poo, L'Oreal Evercream CC
Co-wash: TNRV, VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, TNNM
RO/LI:
YTC, Nexxus Hydra-light w/ CNPF GVPCB, Biolage CB, TNNM, Giovanni SAS
Styler: KCCC FSG, BRHG, LALSG

Loved yes to carrots but switched to cucumbers because I have color treated hair. I use it pretty regularly and love it. It's glycerin and protein free which can be hard to find. My hair loves it and my kids use the carrots now. Great price!
3a or b depending on the weather, medium texture, pretty dense, normal porosity.
Have to be careful of protein
cowash: Elucence and CJDF
conditioners: AOHR, CJHB deep fix,
LI: currently liking Marie Dean Mango Detangler, KCKT
Stylers: Usually mix very small amounts of BRHG with CJCIAB, HETT, DMMCG or whatever is under the sink and might work that day!
Latest discovery: Marie Dean Amla Hair Creme Proless works great on top of any gel combination. Well, at least in the current low dews!
YTC works way better on my low porosity hair smells better and is cheaper
I love the yes to carrots & the new yes to cucumbers conditioner & can't decide which one I like better, I have the new yes to cucumber shampoo as well and it's really nice too, kind of has the consistency of an aloe gel unlike the yes to carrots shampoo which has a normal consistency. My DH likes the smell of the cucumber better so though I'd try it for his sake.
I also got the anti-frizz cream by yes to carrots and use about a dime size amount after getting out of the shower and using my AOMM & condition 3-in-1mousse after that and plopping before diffusing and it seems to help boost my curls and clump them.
I like the way my hair smells after using both conditioners but I think the carrots leaves a nice smell longer, does anyone else notice if the scents linger so that your hair smells great all day?
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Has anyone tried yes to blueberries conditioner? I really wish they would come out with a protein free super moisturizing one
Originally Posted by abstractcurls
I just bought yes to blueberries conditioner and LOVE it. Used as leave in and have had great hair for two days in tropical storm weather. Lots of slip, too, which is always a challenge for me.
I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but I just went to pick these up at Target...looks like a formula change. Unless you gals are talking about the new formula. They redid the bottles and luckily still had an old bottle nearby. I compared ingredients...they aren't the same. The Yes to Carrots is now for Scalp problems, Blueberries for health, etc. The Carrots has salicylic acid in the conditioner of all things.
There are two yes to carotts formulas, the old one and the new scalp one, so they still have both.
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Which ones do you all like? The Scalp or the regular? I guess my Target was just running low on all the regulars cause the one I got was the last one....the others were all the new.
Originally Posted by Fluffy01
I've always liked the regular carrots formula, it smells so good and the scalp formula smells like tea tree which I'm not a fan of. The new cucumber is really nice as well, my DH really likes it a lot.