WEN infomercial-full of cones!

i just flipped on the TV and saw this intense sales pitch for WEN products. a couple of the models were 4 level curlies that went from dry to defined. just out of curiosity i went to their website. amodimethicone was in all the products but their styling creme was FULL of the bad cyclosiloxane cones!! oh well guess i wont be running out to get this stuff. they did say tho that shampoo trashes the hair which we at NC know all too well...

WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Styling Crème

Key Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citral, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool.
Glycerin: provides moisturizing benefits to the hair. One of the best humectants and has natural moisturizing properties.
Chamomile Extract: designed to help add sheen and highlights. Used for its soothing, calming properties.
Cherry Bark: designed to bring out color, shine & softness in all shades of natural and color-treated hair. Formulated to help with the manageability of your hair.
Rosemary Extract: designed to condition, tone and strengthen hair. Is an invigorating toner and astringent.
Panthenol: helps to promote and restore resilience. A penetrating moisturizer that plumps the hair shaft to make it appear thicker. Designed to reduce split ends, smooth, strengthen and seal in moisture.
Sweet almond oil: designed to contribute conditioning and glide to hair, as well as a conditioned feel to the skin. Softens, soothes and is an excellent moisturizer for the hair.
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
Yeah, the styling cremes have cones in them, but the cleansing conditioner has been very good for my hair, and the A-cone doesn't build up in it.
2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
We have quite a few reviews of Wen curly hair products here; check them out and add your own!
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
I don't use the styling creme, but I really like the WEN cleansing conditioner. It does have amodimethicone, but I've not experienced build up with this.

The Sally's knock off, Hair One, has similar ingredients but the a-cone is higher up on the ingredient list.
Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
I'm not a big fan of CO-washing in general but I did try the Hair One. I find that a lot of the "cleansing conditioners" are just silicone loaded conditioner w/ menthol to make it "feel" like your scalp is getting clean. I noticed my hair got dryer and dryer over time of course, probably due to the silicone build up. I think it's okay for finer hair curlies but for curlies w/ coarse hair its just a MESS. It would probably be better just to buy a cheap cone free conditioner and CO wash with that instead of paying $20+ dollars on WEN.
BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length
Current Length: 12 inches
TWO YEARS NATURAL!
3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair

I used wen for 2 years and really liked it. Before that I was using shampoo. My mom has straight hair but gets perms. (She is very supportive) So I am just learning about how to care for my hair. Anyway the cost started to get to me so I started looking for an alternative. I found this site and the cg method. The only thing that been different is with wen I could get 5th day hair, now I can barely get 2nd. But I not going to give up on cg.
2c w/ some 3a on the ends
Length - just below shoulders when wavy
texture - under layer fine, everything else medium
According to the articles of how to determen these:
Porosity- low
Density - medium

shampoo - clear scalp & hair therapy
rinse out - clear scalp & hair therapy
leave in - whatever rinse out I'm using at the time
gel - kccc
dt - aussie 3 min miracle

experimenting and open to suggestions!
I like it. I presently use WEN Cucumber cleansing conditioner. I like it because my color is not stripped. I only highlight my hair every 6 months, but even natural hair can get stripped after a while. Also, it makes my hair soft and less frizzy but does not pull out curl. I do find that it can build up, so I use a shampoo after coating my hair with the WEN once every 10 days to remove buildup. The biggest thing that would prevent me from buying it again is that it and many of the cleansing conditioners have menthol in them and I am really sensitive to it.
2C/3A auburn hair.
between shoulders and BSL
Hm, it sounds like the effectiveness of Wen really depends on your individual hair type. I definitely experienced build up around the scalp when I used it, and my curly-haired sister wasn't very fond of it as well. That being said there are many positive reviews for it.
Hair type: 3a (Botticelli)

First DevaCut on 8/10/11 and my hair looks great!

Products:
DevaCurl No Poo
DevaCurl One Condition
Suave EverSleek DT
Still trying to find the perfect styling routine using AnGel, LA Looks Sport, and FOTE AVG.
Just purchased KCCC and excited to test it out!
Originally Posted by infojunky
Oh yes, I've noticed that I can go longer between washes with Wen. When I used low-poo or CO washed with other conditioners, my hair would be a dry frizzy mess if I didn't rinse and condition daily or at least every other day.

The instructional videos were a big help to me in learning how to use the product. I wish they would show this on the infomercial instead of just repeating the same stuff over and over.

WEN Instructional Video for Medium, Coarse, Ethnic, African American Hair