-   -   roller jaw clamps (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/130705-roller-jaw-clamps.html)

marygladue 07-30-2011 06:18 PM

roller jaw clamps

Has anyone tried the roller jaw clamps from Curly Hair Solutions? Do they work? Are they worth the money? Thanks, Mary

curlyhairmichuk 08-01-2011 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by marygladue (Post 1731445)

I use them and like them. I find them really good in dry hair to give it some lift - if my hair is a bit flat I'll pop some in and then by the time I'm going out they have lifted my hair. If you are in the US I think sally's has something similar for a lot cheaper (I'm in the UK). HTH

mbeckhhp 08-02-2011 06:10 PM

Have them .love them, for airdrying ,if home ,big lift ,nice shape, no frizz, when usin gels. If Im haldf dry, stick them in at home on lunch break, go back to work, and everybodys lovin my hair.Local beauty supply going out of biz, had the for 1.99 exactly the same. So I'ld look around.:compress:

mimiko 08-05-2011 02:56 PM

Omgosh I love the roller jaw clamps. I don't use them on really wet hair, I'll put them around my crown when my hair is 70-90% dry so I get good lift. Much better than duckbill clips imo.

Spiralli 08-05-2011 05:33 PM

Could someone please post a link to the ones that Sally's sells? I am not sure what they look like.

justajesuschick 08-05-2011 06:21 PM

The only ones that I could find at Sally's online are flat/straight across the bottom. I want the ones like CHS' that have comb like bottoms.

I'd LOVE to find some on the ground like CHS' so will watch this post closely.

curlynow 08-07-2011 01:40 PM

Has anyone used the Sally's clamps,,and what did you think? Do they work similiar to the CHS ones?

mamaherrera 08-10-2011 02:04 PM

can you detailC

Since you all love the roller clamps, can you please exlpainj how you put them in? ON the video of Jonathan Torch, I see he like piles the curls in a pile and then puts the clamps in. Can you all explain your technique with them, please?

LeanneM 08-10-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by mamaherrera (Post 1739498)

+1! I'd love to know people's techniques for using them! I'm still struggling so much with clipping!

mbeckhhp 08-11-2011 03:38 PM

pinchup ,close to scalp around crown ,place a clamp,, if your home, before going out, on my lunch break fr/ work,(home) clamp, up oooo big hair (for me, a miracle)works when dry, too, then i like to scrunch in some FIOTE aloe gel, then clamp,i do the upper sides, too.alien f/ space::alien::alien

mamaherrera 08-12-2011 12:34 AM

so you don't need to pile the curls or mess with them at all with your hands? Just stick the clamp in and grab what it gets???

mbeckhhp 08-12-2011 11:42 AM

yes, you can do that too, still comes out great, dries faster.

Curlsnswirls 06-23-2012 08:03 PM

Anyone know where else to purchase these besides frizz off.com? It's not worth it for me to purchase just the clamps from there. I just ordered another liter Of CK from aveyou.com (better deal), but they don't carry the clamps :(. I would really like a set of these. The clamps at Sally's are not the same....so still looking.

LeanneM 06-24-2012 07:46 AM

I bought a set that looked similar to the Frizzoff ones at either Sally's or Ulta, and they weren't working at all for me. I finally broke down and bought the Frizzoff ones, and they're definitely worth it! I have fine, 2C waves, but I can use them to really boost up the volume on the top of my head. They're worth the splurge!

Curlsnswirls 06-24-2012 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by LeanneM (Post 1980748)

I'm almost convinced ;).

asugirl 06-24-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls (Post 1980757)
I'm almost convinced ;).

I'll split a bag with you if you get some! ;-)

Curlsnswirls 06-24-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by asugirl (Post 1980778)
I'll split a bag with you if you get some! ;-)

Someone just offered me a set of six. As soon as I get them and if I like them, I wouldn't mind splitting a set with you. I will let you know ASAP. Thank you. :)

asugirl 06-24-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls (Post 1980784)

Ok! I probably only need 4-6. If anyone else has any I could try in the meantime, please let me know! :hello2:

Spiralli 06-24-2012 02:14 PM

Would "octopus"-type jaw clips work similarly? Anyone tried the octopus-type clips and didn't like the outcome, so you think these might work better?

Maybe I can split a bag with someone?

yossarian 06-24-2012 02:46 PM

I was wondering the same thing. These looked good, and they're cheap enough that it's not a risk.I like the curves on the teeth, which seem like they'd encourage curl.

Scunci Jaw Clips 37220-A - CVS pharmacy

Anyone try something similar? TIA!