roller jaw clamps

Has anyone tried the roller jaw clamps from Curly Hair Solutions? Do they work? Are they worth the money? Thanks, Mary
Originally Posted by marygladue
I use them and like them. I find them really good in dry hair to give it some lift - if my hair is a bit flat I'll pop some in and then by the time I'm going out they have lifted my hair. If you are in the US I think sally's has something similar for a lot cheaper (I'm in the UK). HTH
UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
Hair loves protein!
new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!
Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
Have them .love them, for airdrying ,if home ,big lift ,nice shape, no frizz, when usin gels. If Im haldf dry, stick them in at home on lunch break, go back to work, and everybodys lovin my hair.Local beauty supply going out of biz, had the for 1.99 exactly the same. So I'ld look around.
3a/2a/spirals ultraF-i/ii,med/hi porosity,med/elasticity,colortreated/grey[LIST][*][U]Cowash[/C.J. daily fix,TJ nourish, Condish BCB, Peter Lamas volumizing mixed w a dab of CJ smoothing ,kenra moisture,CJ curl rehab Leaveins,KCKT,KomazaCalifia,GDLIStylers:FSG,*JMOgel,w/ Kenra volumizing mousse KCCC&BRHG, CJ CIAB.w/Aussie freeze gel.FOTE on dry. DT:biolageCB or curl rehab over megatek.
Omgosh I love the roller jaw clamps. I don't use them on really wet hair, I'll put them around my crown when my hair is 70-90% dry so I get good lift. Much better than duckbill clips imo.
3a/3b Protein sensitive
Lo-Poo: MOP-C Hydration
Co-wash TJ's tea tree, suave
Conditioners: Yes to Cucumbers, TIGI Moisture Maniac
DT:Ion reconstructor
Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Any of my other conditioners.
Stylers: FSG!, Curl Keeper, HETT mousse, CJ CIAB, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, L'oreal Studio Silky Curls Gel, Deva Set it Free
I diffuse and use CHS roller jaw clips
I'm full Chinese and I never knew how to control my unruly hair until now! I <3 this website oh so very much.
Could someone please post a link to the ones that Sally's sells? I am not sure what they look like.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
The only ones that I could find at Sally's online are flat/straight across the bottom. I want the ones like CHS' that have comb like bottoms.

I'd LOVE to find some on the ground like CHS' so will watch this post closely.
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM
Has anyone used the Sally's clamps,,and what did you think? Do they work similiar to the CHS ones?
2c-3a~ Medium w/fine characteristics, low porosity, normal elasticity
Since you all love the roller clamps, can you please exlpainj how you put them in? ON the video of Jonathan Torch, I see he like piles the curls in a pile and then puts the clamps in. Can you all explain your technique with them, please?
2c
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
Originally Posted by mamaherrera
+1! I'd love to know people's techniques for using them! I'm still struggling so much with clipping!
Mod-CG since December 2010.
Hair type: NC: 2A; FIA: 2cFii; Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity
Cleansing: CJ Cleansing Conditioner, Trader Joe's Tea Tree, or Deva No Poo
Daily conditioner: Deva One C or CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Cond or GPB
Styling products: Deva B'Leave In + Deva Curl Cream + AnGel; or
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab

pinchup ,close to scalp around crown ,place a clamp,, if your home, before going out, on my lunch break fr/ work,(home) clamp, up oooo big hair (for me, a miracle)works when dry, too, then i like to scrunch in some FIOTE aloe gel, then clamp,i do the upper sides, too.alien f/ space::alien
so you don't need to pile the curls or mess with them at all with your hands? Just stick the clamp in and grab what it gets???
2c
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
yes, you can do that too, still comes out great, dries faster.
Anyone know where else to purchase these besides frizz off.com? It's not worth it for me to purchase just the clamps from there. I just ordered another liter Of CK from aveyou.com (better deal), but they don't carry the clamps . I would really like a set of these. The clamps at Sally's are not the same....so still looking.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by Curlsnswirls; 06-23-2012 at 09:07 PM.
I bought a set that looked similar to the Frizzoff ones at either Sally's or Ulta, and they weren't working at all for me. I finally broke down and bought the Frizzoff ones, and they're definitely worth it! I have fine, 2C waves, but I can use them to really boost up the volume on the top of my head. They're worth the splurge!
Mod-CG since December 2010.
Hair type: NC: 2A; FIA: 2cFii; Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

I'm almost convinced .
LeanneM likes this.

I'm almost convinced .
Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
I'll split a bag with you if you get some!
I'll split a bag with you if you get some!
Originally Posted by asugirl
Someone just offered me a set of six. As soon as I get them and if I like them, I wouldn't mind splitting a set with you. I will let you know ASAP. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
Ok! I probably only need 4-6. If anyone else has any I could try in the meantime, please let me know!

Last edited by asugirl; 06-24-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Would "octopus"-type jaw clips work similarly? Anyone tried the octopus-type clips and didn't like the outcome, so you think these might work better?

Maybe I can split a bag with someone?
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
I was wondering the same thing. These looked good, and they're cheap enough that it's not a risk.I like the curves on the teeth, which seem like they'd encourage curl.

Scunci Jaw Clips 37220-A - CVS pharmacy

Anyone try something similar? TIA!