Old 07-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #1

Join Date: Feb 2010
Default roller jaw clamps

Has anyone tried the roller jaw clamps from Curly Hair Solutions? Do they work? Are they worth the money? Thanks, Mary
marygladue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #2

curlyhairmichuk's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by marygladue View Post
I use them and like them. I find them really good in dry hair to give it some lift - if my hair is a bit flat I'll pop some in and then by the time I'm going out they have lifted my hair. If you are in the US I think sally's has something similar for a lot cheaper (I'm in the UK). HTH
UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
Hair loves protein!
new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!
Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
curlyhairmichuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #3

Join Date: Jan 2009

Have them .love them, for airdrying ,if home ,big lift ,nice shape, no frizz, when usin gels. If Im haldf dry, stick them in at home on lunch break, go back to work, and everybodys lovin my hair.Local beauty supply going out of biz, had the for 1.99 exactly the same. So I'ld look around.
3a/2a/spirals ultraF-i/ii,med/hi porosity,med/elasticity,colortreated/grey[LIST][*][U]Cowash[/C.J. daily fix,TJ nourish, Condish BCB, Peter Lamas volumizing mixed w a dab of CJ smoothing ,kenra moisture,CJ curl rehab Leaveins,KCKT,KomazaCalifia,GDLIStylers:FSG,*JMOgel,w/ Kenra volumizing mousse KCCC&BRHG, CJ CIAB.w/Aussie freeze gel.FOTE on dry. DT:biolageCB or curl rehab over megatek.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #4

mimiko's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

Omgosh I love the roller jaw clamps. I don't use them on really wet hair, I'll put them around my crown when my hair is 70-90% dry so I get good lift. Much better than duckbill clips imo.
3a/3b Protein sensitive
Lo-Poo: MOP-C Hydration
Co-wash TJ's tea tree, suave
Conditioners: Yes to Cucumbers, TIGI Moisture Maniac
DT:Ion reconstructor
Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Any of my other conditioners.
Stylers: FSG!, Curl Keeper, HETT mousse, CJ CIAB, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, L'oreal Studio Silky Curls Gel, Deva Set it Free
I diffuse and use CHS roller jaw clips
I'm full Chinese and I never knew how to control my unruly hair until now! I <3 this website oh so very much.
mimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #5

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

Could someone please post a link to the ones that Sally's sells? I am not sure what they look like.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #6

justajesuschick's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

The only ones that I could find at Sally's online are flat/straight across the bottom. I want the ones like CHS' that have comb like bottoms.

I'd LOVE to find some on the ground like CHS' so will watch this post closely.
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

justajesuschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #7

curlynow's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010

Has anyone used the Sally's clamps,,and what did you think? Do they work similiar to the CHS ones?
2c-3a~ Medium w/fine characteristics, low porosity, normal elasticity
curlynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #8

mamaherrera's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Default can you detailC

Since you all love the roller clamps, can you please exlpainj how you put them in? ON the video of Jonathan Torch, I see he like piles the curls in a pile and then puts the clamps in. Can you all explain your technique with them, please?
2c
Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #9

LeanneM's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by mamaherrera View Post
+1! I'd love to know people's techniques for using them! I'm still struggling so much with clipping!
Mod-CG since December 2010.
Hair type: NC: 2A; FIA: 2cFii; Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity
Cleansing: CJ Cleansing Conditioner, Trader Joe's Tea Tree, or Deva No Poo
Daily conditioner: Deva One C or CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Cond or GPB
Styling products: Deva B'Leave In + Deva Curl Cream + AnGel; or
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab

LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #10

Join Date: Jan 2009

pinchup ,close to scalp around crown ,place a clamp,, if your home, before going out, on my lunch break fr/ work,(home) clamp, up oooo big hair (for me, a miracle)works when dry, too, then i like to scrunch in some FIOTE aloe gel, then clamp,i do the upper sides, too.alien f/ space::alien
Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #11

mamaherrera's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011

so you don't need to pile the curls or mess with them at all with your hands? Just stick the clamp in and grab what it gets???
2c
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
mamaherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #12

Join Date: Jan 2009

yes, you can do that too, still comes out great, dries faster.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #13

Join Date: Apr 2012

Anyone know where else to purchase these besides frizz off.com? It's not worth it for me to purchase just the clamps from there. I just ordered another liter Of CK from aveyou.com (better deal), but they don't carry the clamps . I would really like a set of these. The clamps at Sally's are not the same....so still looking.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, TN, Giovanni SAS, Kenra, CJ CR/CJ RM
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by Curlsnswirls; 06-23-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #14

LeanneM's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010

I bought a set that looked similar to the Frizzoff ones at either Sally's or Ulta, and they weren't working at all for me. I finally broke down and bought the Frizzoff ones, and they're definitely worth it! I have fine, 2C waves, but I can use them to really boost up the volume on the top of my head. They're worth the splurge!
Mod-CG since December 2010.
Hair type: NC: 2A; FIA: 2cFii; Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

asugirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls View Post
I'm almost convinced .
I'll split a bag with you if you get some!
asugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #17

Originally Posted by asugirl View Post
I'll split a bag with you if you get some!
Someone just offered me a set of six. As soon as I get them and if I like them, I wouldn't mind splitting a set with you. I will let you know ASAP. Thank you.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #18

asugirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls View Post
Ok! I probably only need 4-6. If anyone else has any I could try in the meantime, please let me know!

Last edited by asugirl; 06-24-2012 at 04:09 PM.
asugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #19

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

Would "octopus"-type jaw clips work similarly? Anyone tried the octopus-type clips and didn't like the outcome, so you think these might work better?

Maybe I can split a bag with someone?
Location: Texas
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #20

Join Date: Dec 2011

I was wondering the same thing. These looked good, and they're cheap enough that it's not a risk.I like the curves on the teeth, which seem like they'd encourage curl.

Scunci Jaw Clips 37220-A - CVS pharmacy

Anyone try something similar? TIA!
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote