• 1 Post By empressri

Old 08-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #1

paint_horse_milo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Default Any Reviews for Cantu Shea Butter?

I found the Cantu products at Wal Mart when browsing for a leave in conditioner. I read the ingredients label and was pleased with it, and remembered hearing the product name before. So far, I really like the leave in conditioner Shea Butter, but was curious what kind of reviews where out there for it?
3a/b medium porosity
Modified CG Since 6/2010
Lo-Poo: Organix Coconut Milk
Co-Wash: VO5 Moisture Milks (sent varies) w/ Soy Milk Proteins
Style: Leave-in KCKT, upside-down scrunch in Ouidad Tress FX Gel, Rudee's SS Method in shower, blot with t shirt, blow dry until about 30% dry (just gets the drip gone).
Sleep: Satin sleep cap on satin pillowcase. Works great for even third day hair!

paint_horse_milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #2

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

Well it's actually quite good as a standalone product. It was like I used gel but didn't....but you HAVE to use a sls shampoo to get it out. Once I use it up I won't run out to repurchase it.
AuNaturale4 likes this.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #3

ThickHairedQT's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011

I just found cantu shea butter products at walmart too.So far I've only tried the no-drip hair oil and I added it to my scalp and new growth. It makes my hair feel soft and moisturized and a little goes a long way. So so far I like cantu and I would like to try more from them and I've heard good things about that brand.
ThickHairedQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #4

kinkycurlyDT's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010

Hated the leave in conditioning repair cream. Left my hair DRY!
kinkycurlyDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #5

Gretchen's Avatar

Join Date: May 1999
Send a message via AIM to Gretchen

Here are some reviews for Cantu hair products.
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #6

Stormy1958's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011

I'm using Cantu Leave In (about $4.00, in a small tub) under my homemade Flax Seed Gel and Ive had the BEST hair days with it - soft defined curls I got my first tub of Cantu leave In before I found this site and while I was trying to improve the health of my hair, then I stole my second bottle from my mother who said she didnt like it cus it left residue in her short 4a relaxed hair... it def moisturizes but I realized with my first jar that it doesn't define that well for me. Now that I've learned the ways of CG and how curly hair works. I have to layer a gel over top, and alls good. My hair loves anything Shea and this really helped me stay moisturized before I found nc.com
"The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do, and who will be sharing the adventure with them." -Denis Watley

*From Training*
Stormy1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #7

AuNaturale4's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011

I just bought it about 3 days ago...I apply it while its wet and let it air dry. After its dry though, it usually gets kind of hard but it does define my curls. I heard that water based, oil based, and cream based products are good. So I usually use the Bronner Bros Oil Moisturizer on top of it and together it leaves my hair really soft!! But you do have to wash it out good though.
AuNaturale4 is offline   Reply With Quote