Shea moisture

Has anyone used shea moisture before? If so how has it worked out for you?
Glad you started this thread! I just bought the deep treatment mask and curl enhancing smoothie. I applied the DTM on dry hair, clipped up and cleaned house... I did co-wash after 1 hour or so. Then applied the CES to wet hair as leave in followed by LA Look Sport gel.

As for the mask, I dunno. Wasn't crazy about the smell and not sure if it did all that much as far as deep conditioning. Have to use it a few more times. The smoothie, on the other hand, felt really nice going on and smells like pina colada! So far I do see less frizz and more shine so I guess it works!!!

Would like to know how others use these products and general thoughts/feelings on Shea Moisture...

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
I've only used their shea butter shampoo, but it's really awesome! Super gentle and smells so good :3 it's the only lo poo I trust on my hair!
cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance
2B/2C hair!

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
DT: Lustrasilk + honey
LI: KCKT, GVP CB
Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
Oils: Coconut
Yeah I like it too but it seems like I can never get second day hair! How does the second day work out for you guys?
The smoothie is too heavy for my hair so i use the Milk. Im thinking of using their black soap hair line for my psoriasis. I saw their black soap dt at a Target near me.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by natalienatural402
Didn't get second day hair on it's own. I added a tiny bit of water and more smoothie and initially looked ok but I need something with more hold. Some people are able to use a little more smoothie next day for second day hair. I started a thread on a second day technique that's been working for me using LOOB. Will try that next time over the Shea moisture products and see what happens.

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
I love the Curl & Style Milk! Makes my hair feel super moisturized and it doesn't leave a white residue. I'm noticing lately that it makes my curls clump more.

The smoothie is super thick and not very emollient, so it takes some time to get used to. For my hair, I don't find it to be as moisturizing as the Style Milk. I'm still trying to work with it, but I find a little bit goes a looong way, and I can use it in lieu of gel some days.
Natural/3c/4a
Loves: EMB, QB, Shea Moisture Style Milk, AO cons, Evoo, honey, jojoba oil, castor oil, shea butter, acv
/herb rinses,henna

This is really helping, I'm using the style milk but I'm still getting a little frizz maybe I should switch to the smoothie, have any of you tried the wen products? I'm thinking about trying them...
I started using the curl enhancing smoothie a few months ago and I LOVE it! I use it as a leave in every time I do my hair.
I've tried the other products in the line and none of them worked as well as the smoothie for my hair. But they came out with a NEW one just this week -its supposed to hit Walgreens and Targets all over and I can't wait!!!
There are a few other threads on this too... But from what I find, it's a HG for lots of us!
I use it with a gel over it too - usually LA Looks Curls or Bioterra... gives me great definition and almost zero frizz!
enjoy!!!!!!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by stargazer613
Stargazer, how much of the curl and style milk do you use? I was thinking about getting it to use as a leave in. Your "super moisturized" and "more curl clumping" has me wanting to try this even more.

I use the hold and shine moisture mist. I love it. I use it over Kenra conditioner on wet hair. I think it's actually keeping my hair from sticking to my head after I take down my plop...could just be coincidence though.

Deep Condition:Acure Moroccan Argan Conditioner+Sally's GVP Balm
I definitely keep the curl enhancing smoothie in my rotation!!!

All the Shea Moisture products are on sale at Walgreens buy one get one 50% off thru Sept. 3!!! I'm a pj enabler
2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley

Originally Posted by curry curls

Hi Curry, not very much at all. It has a somewhat thick consistency, so a couple squirts is all I need for my ponytail.
Natural/3c/4a
/herb rinses,henna

Originally Posted by Cuban-curl-E
Lo-poorganix Shea butter shampoo
Co-wash: suave coconut
Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
Serum-like product: still need one
Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein

Originally Posted by curry curls

Originally Posted by stargazer613
Thanks! I think I might get it today.

Deep Condition:Acure Moroccan Argan Conditioner+Sally's GVP Balm
yahoo!!! I'm off to buy! thanks for the heads up!!!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
this is definetly a helpful thread..as for the smothie how thich is it is it creamy like kinky curlyknot today or is it more of a mist type product...the consistency helps me decide since my hair isnt a spray fan[/QUOTE]

The smoothie is kind of like whipped butter? Thicker than KCKT. Comes in a jar so you have to stick your fingers in it to scoop some out. I think the milk comes in a pump bottle and is lighter (I haven't tried it since I have med-coarse hair and don't mind heavier products). I'm liking it so far.

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
I definitely keep the curl enhancing smoothie in my rotation!!!

Originally Posted by kasden
Ahhhhhhh have to get to walgreens now! Thanks!
Yay, I get to help! I use the milk as a leave-in, it comes in a squeeze bottle and isn't super thick. Definitely not as thick as I imagine the smoothie to be. I can tell it makes my hair softer. I'm anxious to try the souffle that comes out tomorrow, if my Walgreen's carries it. If anyone gets it tomorrow, report back ASAP!
I went to walgreens and bought the smoothie and the deep conditioner I'm hoping the deep conditioner works for me but I'm super excited to try the smoothie!! Has anyone tries the mist? It comes in a spray bottle and is supposed to reduce frizz
..... Oh jeez I'm becoming a Shea moisture junkie......
..... Oh jeez I'm becoming a Shea moisture junkie......
Originally Posted by natalienatural402
Yes. I use the spray. I really like it. I use it on wet hair. My daughter uses it on dry hair.

I'm going to try the leave in this morning.