Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #21

Marie01141976's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013

I tried this back when I first started to embrace my curls. I used the leave in (in a pump bottle) and the deep conditioner (in the jar) I got really great results, soft defined curls, and it smells really good as well! Alas, I had to stop using the line when I started to wash my hair only once a week instead of everyday (gave up sulfate a as well). They both have cones in them
Henna!!! Red Raj from Henna Sooq
Co-washes: ABBA Pure Gentle (HG), Tresseme Naturals.
Low-poo: Shea Moisture (all of them), Renpure my pretty hair is parched.
Rinse-out: Tigi Bead Head Moisture Maniac, GF Length and Strength.
Leave-in: ABBA Pure Gentle, KCKT, Henna Sooq cocoveda oil.
Stylers: Fairy Tales Curly Q's gel (HG), KCCC, Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothy, GF pure clean gel.
Marie01141976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #22

Join Date: Aug 1999
Default Naturally Silk

Hi. I am on a desperate quest to find a substitute for the Mixed Silk leave in conditioner and styler. I haven't wanted to spend the money for the Mixed Chick line.

Well, today on the Sally site, I saw a new product line called Naturally Silky from Silk Elements. And there was a leave in conditioner among other styling and conditioning products.

I am going to compare ingredients, but, hopeful it is a comparable to the discontinued Mixed Silk one.
3C and natural for 5 years.
msgdfx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #23

Join Date: Sep 2011

The naturally silk elements line even has a curly pudding. I can't wait to try it. Too bad I have lots of stuff ahead of them to try. Its all under the sink. Smh.
mcheryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #24

Join Date: Aug 1999

I went to two sally's today. Neither had the new naturally silky leave in. However, one of the stores had the other products. I may order from sally.com. Hope to try it soon and really hope it is a good substitute.
3C and natural for 5 years.
msgdfx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #25

Laura Lee's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

I've used the deep conditioner. Didn't do anything for me. Definitely didn't find it to be moisturizing.

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Laura Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #26

tenapaige's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012

IMO it worked well with my hair better than mixed chicks actually, however it does make my hair feel dry and crispy after 2nd day hair thats y I stopped using this product its not moisturizing at all
tenapaige is offline   Reply With Quote