Devacurl Set it Free

Okay, So I have been CF for about 6 months now. In the beginning I was using the Deva product line per my new Deva hairdresser...but it just wasn't working for me, or I wasn't using it right.

Yesterday, I had all my hair chopped off in a short curly bob by a new Deva hairdresser that had better reviews and is in Boston.

My hair is AMAZING!! He told me to use the Set it Free in my hair while it was sopping wet (a lot of it) and only a little of the AnGel, because my hair is so curly already it has plenty of definition and doesn't need a lot of gel.

So I give 5 thumbs up to Set it Free..my hair was amazing; it had movement, it was shiny, it was defined, it did NOT frizz even with the car windows rolled down.

I am open to suggestions if anyone knows a more affordable, comparable, alternative product! Otherwise I'm going to be spending tons of money on this! Even with my hair in a short bob now, I still have a ton of 3B-3C curls, very thick!
i used to love set it free, the old formula, it was an hg for me. now it's been watered down and i feel i use a lot for less results, so i barely use it.

anyway, you can buy it at aveyou.com for 15% off (code is FIVE) or $15 off when you spend $75 or more (code is GIVEME15) and $1 shipping -- the shipping is dependent on spending $50 or more, otherwise it's $5 which is still good.

also, look for beauty supply stores where you live and check internet for coupons for them.

i have not found anything that is similar to set it free (the old formula).
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Thank you! I will keep that in mind. I'm still hoping I can find a different product that there is more of in a bottle...I'm also worried I won't get the same effect as the stylist did. Right now I'm using the AG Recoil which I had left over (didn't like it when my hair was long)..it's okay so far..but not giving me enough hold..too many frizzies and my hair keeps getting bigger...
I love set it free also but it is pricey I'm going to try what u did to ur hair and c if mine comes out just as great.
i've been using curl junkie aloe fix gel all summer and no frizzies at all. i don't use any leave in, scrunch it in in the shower while it is very wet, then scrunch/blot the excess water with a curlease towel. (i was putting it on after i blotted my hair, but discovered it works even better if my hair is very wet). this product does have glycerin and will not work in very low dews, but if you have normal or high dews, should be good!
(you can also purchase curl junkie products on aveyou.com.)
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
BUT...It's like $18 for a 6oz bottle and he used a whole 3oz bottle in my hair yesterday for this effect. Say What!!! 3 oz of a product in one setting he sounds very heavy handed. If you have to use that much for results what does that really say about the effectiveness of the product.
Naturally beautiful, Naturally me