La looks Polish Perfect

Just have to say I absolutely love this gel! I have been able to achieve second day hair with it and that is huge for me. Even got third day hair once. I have never been able to successfully do second day or beyond with any other product I have tried. It co-washes out clean, keeps the frizzes away (with a little help from an anti-humidity hairspray. Hello Florida! Lol!) and soft, non crunchy curls. Plus it's super cheap! Just felt I had to share

Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
I love LA Looks Sport Gel above anything else but if I come across this I will definitely try it just for fun. I don't see cones listed so it looks CG.
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

I didn't see anything bad but I let my stylist look at it too. She said only thing she saw was some parabens but I am not typically concerned with those so it's all good. Otherwise CG friendly. The only reason I shyed away from the sports gel is because it has glycerin and I don't do as well with it, plus it sucks out my color.

Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
I'll have to try it too. I use the LA looks sports gel now but I didn't know it could ruin your color.
Oh, I can't wait to try this! Haven't seen it in any stores around me yet, did you find yours in a big chain strore?
Join Date: Mar 2008
What is the hold level? Usually LA Looks leave my hair so stiff I can't even crunch it out with a cream.
I found mine in Walmart. So far that's the only place I have seen it but I haven't been looking real hard truthfully.

Hold level I believe is an 8 (don't have bottle in front of me but I am pretty sure that's right). I use a leave in condish first (KCKT), a good bit of gel and some Garnier anti humidity hairspray to set. It's a little stiff initially but scrunches out nicely.

Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
Not sure the glycerin would ruin your color. I think other girls use it with no issues. It just tends to wash out my color quicker so I try to avoid when I can.

Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanks for the info.

I wish they made a level 6 hold. I think that's about as much as I can handle with LA Looks. It's the crunch queen!
I got a bottle of the Polish Perfect last week and have tried it out. I love the smell. I like the way it feels when my hair is wet. I like the softeness of my hair when it's dry.
The hold isn't quite enough for me so next week I'm going to experiment with mixing it with the Sport Gel.
I think the basic difference between them is that the glycerin in the Sport Gel has been replaced with mineral oil in the Polish Perfect.
My hair doesn't like alot of glycerin or mineral oil but they seem to be far enough down the ingredient list not to bother my hair.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

I tried this gel and got 'decen't results, nothing outstanding but not bad either. However, on my 5 year old daughter, it worked beautifully. I may add, though, that since her hair is natural (I color), her hair usually looks gorgeous with very little (mousse works beautifully on her, while I need something 'harder').

On the Durahold post, I just reported that I finally got to try the orange, level 10 Durahold gel, and I am loving the results. This gel was very hard to find for me, to the point that I had to order it online. I'm sure that with time, it will be available all over.

Regards to everyone reading this!
I am my hair.
Has anyone tried the LA Looks curl gel?

I thought mineral oil and Castor oil were not CG as they are not easily washed out. Is this incorrect?

CG since July 2011
I've used products with mineral oil and castor oil for years and have no problem with buildup. But all the products I use have those ingredients well down the ingredient list. My hair doesn't like them (or glycerin) in big amounts.

Here are a couple other threads on LA Looks gels in case anyone is interested.

LA LOOKS gels comparison

Different LA Looks Gels
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

Has anyone tried the LA Looks curl gel?

Originally Posted by maycon55
I use castor oil a lot. I seal with it. It comes out pretty easily for me.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I haven't seen this yet in SF - is it brand new? But our Walgreens(only drugstore chain now in SF since Rite-Aid pulled their stores - boo!)only carries the yellow MegaMega gel and the dark blue Sports version. We do have one lame little CVS store, that's so small - it's in what used to be Hollywood Video so they don't have the room that a bigger branch would have. Supposedly we're getting a bigger CVS in the next year or so though. One place I might look is Bed Bath and Beyond - they have surprisingly good deals on health and beauty stuff plus a good selection besides.

Here are a couple other threads on LA Looks gels in case anyone is interested.

LA LOOKS gels comparison

Different LA Looks Gels
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
Thank you jeepcrlygirl and redcelticurls! I might give the curl one a try. I need something to plump up my curls. Right now they just look like sad little limp pieces of dry rope. LOL!

I think I am a mix of 3a/3b. With 3b being what's underneath. I get these loose spirals (kind of looks like a helix) but they're so thin and limp. They're more the circumference of pencils rather than sharpies. I got a cut recently (took 4-5 inches off length) hoping it would help...but nothing. Hoping the curl gel Will help.

CG since July 2011
I found this over the weekend and tried it, I really liked it. I agree, it smells so good! Performs well too. LA Looks Sport (dark blue) and Curls (light blue) leave me stringy and crunchy. This is a softer hold, but lots of bounce and shine.

When I bought this, I got the LA Looks NutraCurl too. I figured what the heck, two huge bottles for under $4!! That one is good too, can't tell much difference in my hair between the two, they seem to work about the same on me. If I had to go with one, it would be Polish Perfect based on the scent!!
I have been dying to try their curl one. Good to hear you like it.

Oh good lord! I'm turning into a PRODUCT JUNKIE!

I noticed this morning how much stuff I have under my sink, including 2 gels and here I am talking about getting a third! I've only been at this for a little under 3 months.

In 6 months ill probably need to join a pja (product junkie anonymous) group.

Know of any good ones? LOL!

CG since July 2011
I LOVE the Curls LA Looks gel - the blue one. The purple - Perfect Polished - is pretty nice too. FOr some reason the blue one works better for me - and I use a heavy leave in with it too.
I was using Deva gels and I loved them but for the $$$ it was a bit much. These work just as well - if not better! and I can buy about 20 of them for 1 bottle of Deva!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
I have AnGEL but bought a small trail size of the la looks sports gel and I like it better than the deva one. I still have a half bottle of the 32 oz of AnGEL though so I gotta use it up.

I haven't seen the BLUE curl La looks though! I've only seen the light green one. The one with avacado oil in it....

What does the BLUE one have in it? More hold?