Have you tried the Silken Child No-Lye Hair Relaxer

What does this do? Does it like permanently straight your hair? (I read that somewhere) does it contain any chemicals?? Any reviews form you?
Sorry I probably sound like an idiot!! This product seems interesting, I mean it's scary that it's so cheap ($4.50) but has so many things. Makes me think it doesn't really work good and damages your hair... Low quality brand? Help plz!!!! I have never used a relaxer before
No I haven't tried it. Buuuut, yes, it will permanently straighten your hair, until maybe six weeks, when you have to re apply it to your roots. Of course, you will know this, because by then you will have two VERY different patterns going on. This product may not contain lye, but anything that alters your hair's true follicle in a chemical process, on already fragile curly hair, can only weaken the hair's shaft. The best part of the process is not only the ingredients that might damage your hair but the straightening with heat (blow dryer and especially curling iron) and the constant manipulation of your fragile hair that may or may not end in a natural disaster (pun intended).

I personally haven't used a relaxer in 12 years but I have thoroughly enjoyed the breakage, hair loss, and bald spots I have had the luxury of covering up....of course everyone is different, and perhaps you have a head made of steel.

Did I take the bait well enough?
Thanks for the info. My hair are just really annoying and unmanagable unless I use some sort of hair product on it
I seriously would advise against it. I don't think I am in the minority of people who have gotten seriously damaged hair from using relaxers, no matter what it says on the box.
The good news is, since you have "virgin" hair, it's probably very healthy. Even if is seems impossible to manage right now, in time, when you get your info on and try different methods, figure out your hair needs and such, it will be much easier to manage and EVEN enjoy...dare I say...LOVE!

Just keep reading this site and I hope it leads you in a positive direction. I don't think anyone would have come to this site if our hair was simple. It's complex but with the right products it can be downright beautiful.

I wish you loads of luck.
I'm really interested in this now too... I really wish someone who's used it could chime in
Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
Current conditioner: Lush Okra
Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.
This is a relaxer and yes it will permantly straighten your hair. It can be purchased at Sallys and its made to be not as strong regular relaxer. Silken Child is the kids formula. Silk Elements is the adult.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App