-   -   Curl Junkie's CIAB or CQ for winter? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/133274-curl-junkies-ciab-cq-winter.html)

CurvyCurly 09-19-2011 12:03 PM

Curl Junkie's CIAB or CQ for winter?

For those curlies who adore Curl Junkie I'd like to know which styler you would suggest for this winter? I am currently loving the results and light hold of the CIAB for wash n goes and twistouts however I'm wondering whether I should transition to the Curl Queen, which has more hold for the winter months. I'm planning 'bunning' more this winter as a protective style and prefer a stronger hold to avoid fuzzies and frizzies after I untwist to bun. They are both glycerin free, which will be nice in lower dews.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!

Naturalista 09-19-2011 06:48 PM

Curl Queen was the bomb for winter in my hair.

lj2 09-20-2011 08:25 AM

I love both Curl Queen and Curls in a Bottle. It's funny that you bring up this topic because Curl Queen definitely works great for me in the winter and CIAB works great in the summer. Where I live the winters are very rainy and humid and the summers are hot and dry. Curl Queen has more hold for sure.

CurvyCurly 09-20-2011 07:47 PM

Curl Queen.....That's good to know. What kind of winters do you experience, super dry, humid, wet? My area experiences extremely dry air with super low dews...I'm talking whole house humidifier plus another small one in the bedroom at nightime!

Havoc on the hair and skin!

Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by [B
Naturalista;[/B]1769345]Curl Queen was the bomb for winter in my hair.

CurvyCurly 09-20-2011 07:54 PM

Another vote for Curl Queen...okay. My winters are opposite of yours with super dry air and the summers are super hot, humid and juicy! So I'm interested to see how the CQ will behave in my climate..

Thanks for responding.

Originally Posted by lj2 (Post 1769632)

asianrunner 09-20-2011 08:52 PM

I really liked using the CQ for the winter. We have cold, dry winters with low dews.

CurvyCurly 09-20-2011 09:31 PM

asianrunner - thanks! Your winters are the same as mine. I guess I'll give the CQ a try this winter.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by asianrunner (Post 1770238)

rbb 09-06-2012 11:51 AM

bumping this thread. i am currently using ciab over curl rehab, and my hair is in love! i had planned on/hoped to use it this winter in the dry, cold weather and low dews.

i had tried curl queen in the past with no results. however, cannot say if i used it with curl rehab.

question -- those of you who used ciab and/or curl queen last winter, (low dews), what were your results? what will you use this winter?

and, how did you use either? leave in??

asianrunner 09-06-2012 08:29 PM

My favorite low dew combo last winter was UFD's Curly Magic as my curl enhancer with CQ on top for my gel. I can't recall if I used a leave-in or not. I probably did every now and then. I do know that I used Curl Rehab as a rinse out quite a bit though and my hair loved it!

rymorg2 09-07-2012 06:26 AM

Two products work for me year round, one is CJ and one is SS: Pattern Pusha and Curl Enhancing Gelly. They are really all I use now. I do add a LI in winter in particular to add moisture.

KinkyRN 09-13-2012 05:20 AM

Anyone do the LOC method? If so which CJ product do you curls use for the "C"?