Old 09-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #1

Join Date: Feb 2010
Red face Curl Junkie's CIAB or CQ for winter?

For those curlies who adore Curl Junkie I'd like to know which styler you would suggest for this winter? I am currently loving the results and light hold of the CIAB for wash n goes and twistouts however I'm wondering whether I should transition to the Curl Queen, which has more hold for the winter months. I'm planning 'bunning' more this winter as a protective style and prefer a stronger hold to avoid fuzzies and frizzies after I untwist to bun. They are both glycerin free, which will be nice in lower dews.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!
(Current Rotation) Shampoo: Trader Joe's TTT, Terressentials, Elucence, Curl Junkie Daily Fix Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Leave-in/Moisturizer: Qhemet's BRBC Gel: Tresemme Oils: Grapeseed, jojoba, evoo, sweet almond, castor....BIG CHOPPED AGAIN!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #2

Naturalista's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010

Curl Queen was the bomb for winter in my hair.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam

Naturalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
lj2

Join Date: Jan 2011

I love both Curl Queen and Curls in a Bottle. It's funny that you bring up this topic because Curl Queen definitely works great for me in the winter and CIAB works great in the summer. Where I live the winters are very rainy and humid and the summers are hot and dry. Curl Queen has more hold for sure.
lj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #4

Join Date: Feb 2010

Curl Queen.....That's good to know. What kind of winters do you experience, super dry, humid, wet? My area experiences extremely dry air with super low dews...I'm talking whole house humidifier plus another small one in the bedroom at nightime!

Havoc on the hair and skin!

Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by [B
Naturalista;[/B]1769345]Curl Queen was the bomb for winter in my hair.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #5

Join Date: Feb 2010

Another vote for Curl Queen...okay. My winters are opposite of yours with super dry air and the summers are super hot, humid and juicy! So I'm interested to see how the CQ will behave in my climate..

Thanks for responding.

Originally Posted by lj2 View Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #6

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I really liked using the CQ for the winter. We have cold, dry winters with low dews.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Repair Me, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Smoothing

leave-in: SCE Curl Cream
jellies/creams: UFD's CM, CJ CCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

asianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #7

Join Date: Feb 2010

asianrunner - thanks! Your winters are the same as mine. I guess I'll give the CQ a try this winter.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by asianrunner View Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
rbb

Join Date: May 2008

bumping this thread. i am currently using ciab over curl rehab, and my hair is in love! i had planned on/hoped to use it this winter in the dry, cold weather and low dews.

i had tried curl queen in the past with no results. however, cannot say if i used it with curl rehab.

question -- those of you who used ciab and/or curl queen last winter, (low dews), what were your results? what will you use this winter?

and, how did you use either? leave in??
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, leave in, protein tx: curl junkie products. styling:curl junkie conditioners only at times, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. trying ufdcm. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!! sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
rbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #9

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

My favorite low dew combo last winter was UFD's Curly Magic as my curl enhancer with CQ on top for my gel. I can't recall if I used a leave-in or not. I probably did every now and then. I do know that I used Curl Rehab as a rinse out quite a bit though and my hair loved it!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

asianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #10

rymorg2's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006

Two products work for me year round, one is CJ and one is SS: Pattern Pusha and Curl Enhancing Gelly. They are really all I use now. I do add a LI in winter in particular to add moisture.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
rymorg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #11

KinkyRN's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012

Anyone do the LOC method? If so which CJ product do you curls use for the "C"?
KinkyRN is offline   Reply With Quote