Ouidad Climate Control - tons of shine!

I never liked Ouidad products before but I got a sample of this and tried it. Wow Shiney. I'm ordering this. I know it has cones (hopefully not a lot, but this shine is beyond any other product I've ever used). I might try mixing it with other things but this shine is not to be believed!
Every day is a gift
I'm impressed with the shine as well. I also like that it leaves my hair soft and defined. It's one of the few styling products that keeps my hair soft during the dry winter.

If you have a Sephora nearby, you can get it there as well.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...
Winter Regimen
LI/Detangler: It's a 10!, CURLS Cashmere Curls leave-in
Spritz: Nu-Gro Moisturizing Spray
Stylers: CHS Extenzz
Sealers: Tamanu oil

*experimenting and loving it!

Last edited by Greatcurls; 09-25-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Silly spelling error!
Yeah it does have dimethicone fairly far down the list. I have a sample of this too I might try out, been leery of it because of the glycerin but it's far down the list too. I just know how humid it is here and my hair is porous. Could be a bad mix. I like the idea of the shine tho
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel

Thanks, GreatCurls. CurlMart doesn't carry it, so I'm glad to learn Sephora has it. I'm going to brave the thunderstorms here in NYC and pick some up tomorrow. And I agree with you, my hair is defined and very soft! I'm surprised because other products that give some shine (not as much) end up making my hair crispy. I have to hand this to Ouidad - this stuff may become my new HG. I'll have to see how it goes.

Every day is a gift
Oh yes I love that stuff. Curlypearl I think your hair also fared well with Curlisto right?

I think our curlies love the protein!!! I did well with both lines also. The cones don't bother me either.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
Hi Empressri! Yes, my hair did well with Curlisto, but it is so very expensive.

I'm glad you say that your hair does well with cones also - makes me feel less "guilty" using them. I've been cone free for months - but I think now I must be one of those people who can benefit from them.

Using a mild sulfate shampoo doesn't seem to harm my hair. And I definitely like protein!

Originally Posted by curlypearl
I had sworn up and DOWN that I would not buy another styler until I decreased those in my stash, but if the CCG got you ladies through this last muggy week we have had here in NY then I may have to take the plunge! Does it really do what it says?!?
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, As I Am Curling Gelly,
Sealant- Castor, sweet almond oil,Hairveda Vegetal soya oil KBB hair cream
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!

Originally Posted by curlypearl
Originally Posted by pjjosephgiss
I went into the steam room AND sauna room at the naturally curly pool party with this in my hair and it stayed intact.

if you dont believe me i have a video with that same day hair up.

Ouidad Review!! & Naturally Curly Pool Party - YouTube
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I had no luck whatsoever with the Ouidad products - they all leave my hair limp, stringy and kill the curl. I'm glad to hear they are working for you, however!
CG since September 2011

Co-wash: OC
Cond/Leave-in: OC
Style: MOP Curl Defining Cream, Angel, Garnier Pure Clean Gel
SOTC: MOP Glisten pomade, Aveda Humectant Pomade

Looking for: good curl definition, clumping and no frizz

Originally Posted by debbah
Really??!! I really like Ouidad products! I had the Botanical Boost and loved it! It worked wonders on my mom's 3b hair, it was really great for 2nd day hair!
<3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
I also received a sample of this product and liked the frizz control and softness. After buying a small bottle and using a few times I realized that my waves and few curls were gone. Now I have a bottle taking up space. Hope you don't have the long term affect like I did.
I might be in the majority but im not all that impressed with ouidad's products...i have the head and humidity gel and sometimes it leaves my hair a bit gunky and too limp. It's ok but I don't find it that impressive for the price. *shrugs* Question--what are "cones"?? I am new to the site and am learning a lot.
Originally Posted by CurlyQ82
You're not alone. Ouidad's Botanical Boost, Climate Control and their Moisture Lock leave-in did nothing for my hair separately or alone. They all left my hair insanely dry and ridiculously crunchy.

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
Originally Posted by CurlyQ82
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
Woops I guess i shouldve proof read my comment--I meant in the minority LoL But you understood me...Yes I had the daily shampoo, the botanical boost and climate control gel in a package...shampoo has sulfates as 2nd ingredient as any other drug store cheaper shampoo...somewhat drying. Botanical boost is ok but doesnt do anything great. The gel isnt horrible but not all that impressive either--doesnt control all frizz in humidity and does leave me limp as i said. I just purchased devacare low poo and devacare angel...have to see how that goes. I only used it once this morning but so far am a bit more impressed with it than ouidad. Still have to determine if it is worth the price tag.