AG: Recoil vs. Mop-C

I'm curious if any of you ladies have used both of these cremes and how they compare/contrast?

Every time I think I have found my HG - the dews change and I have to experiment again. So I'm looking through my stash and going to try some cremes besides my staple: CCCL, which is very light. Thanks for any input!
Every day is a gift
I love the smell of re:coil but, if I recall, it has mag sulfate in it which my hair does not always like. It is lower down the list so it is not like using jessicurl products for me but I cannot use regularly. I really like mop-c curl cream. I used it a lot last winter. I am annoyed because Ulta does not carry the curl cream and if I can find in a store I prefer to buy that way but I may have to do a mail order for it. With both of these I have to use a gel over (but that is my hair with anything!!) to get more hold while it dries.

Thanks, that is very useful info, Xcptnl. Do you prefer any particular gel?
Every day is a gift
I've tried both of these (although it has been awhile) and they would leave an icky, sort of build up feeling in my hair. Especially the re:coil.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Beauticurls, CJ A&OO, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: Mop C, KCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

I love them both. They both encourage curl exceptionally well, but the Mop-C also has pretty good hold. For me, neither of them completely rinses out if I use them multiple days in a row (which I rarely do). Low-poo takes any residue out, though.
2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
Thanks Asianrunner and JLeighs for your input.

Today I started with CCCL, used the super soaker method and topped it with Ouidad Climate Control. I'm keeping a journal complete with each day's dew point. I think that's the only way I'm going to get more consistent hair days.

I'll try the Mop-C next and then the AG. When I had a job and more money (groan) I was a p.j. so I have both cremes already.
Every day is a gift
I didn't find either one anything special. I bought them, tried them and got rid of them quickly.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Ok you inspired me to bust out the re:coil today! I haven't used it in months because curl creams+heat and humidity do not mix well in my hair! I think I do better with the jelly like products anyway.

I got some decent waves but hair did not clump well which resulted in skinny waves. Not the worst but not the best either.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Beauticurls, CJ A&OO, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: Mop C, KCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Interesting! I think my hair is similar to yours, Kathymack, except that I color it so it is highly porous. I got very pretty results today with CCCL and Ouidad Climate Control on top.

I'm not thrilled about using the Ouidad because I have been off cones for a very long time but it makes my hair shinier than anything else. I hope a mild sulfate shampoo once or twice a week to get rid of buildup doesn't make a mess of my curls. If it does, I'll try switching back to KCCC for the gel. My problem with KCCC is that it takes forever to dry.

I feel that I'm making a lot of progress towards getting consistently good hair days. Thanks to everyone for your input!

Originally Posted by curlypearl
I actually prefer the KC TT Moisturizing Stler to the KCCC. AND it does dry more quickly.

Great! That is the very next product I'm going to buy. KM - thanks for the response!

Originally Posted by curlypearl
Curlypearl, have you tried CCCC lite under SS FHG? This is one of my favorite combos for fall/spring. If it's humid out, I add a dab of CIAB as well for frizz control. But otherwise, I use the other two alone.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
Man, these abbreviations drive me nuts. : ) What is CCCL and CCCC? I looked in the thread for abbreviations, but its not on there. Thanks!