aveda air control or loreal elnet hairspray?

Gel makes my hair dry and dificult to style. I have long 3b curls. I'd like to try spraying something over my hair once it's done to hold the curl without the crunch. The elnet comes in unscented. The aveda has flaxseed jojoba and pine resin as the only ingrediants. I think they are both cone free. Which do you prefer? Any other hairspray you can recommend?
Join Date: Mar 2008
I think the Elnet's surprisingly expensive, but honestly, I haven't had much luck with hairspray, either. Either it completely freezes my hair, or doesn't hold well.

I'm curious to hear opinions as well.
I was always so intrigued w/ Elnet, I thought it must have to be spectacular for the price it commands for a drugstore product. I was at CVS a few weeks ago, and one of the versions of Elnet was marked down from $15 to $3. I was SO excited, I grabbed a few thinking I had hit the jackpot.

As it turns out, I completely hate it. It is supposed to have a light hold, but it feels like I have a helmet on, even when I spray sparingly. It also has an awful smell. I guess there's a good chance I got old product and that's why it was on clearance so cheap.

A drugstore hairspray I like that is cg, I believe, is the Garnier Fructis Anti-Humidity. It is cheap, light, and washes out really easily.
Join Date: Mar 2008
Elnet looks like it would give helmet hair, doesn't it? That label (although I like it when products keep their recognizable packaging). Are there poofy 60s updos in the design?

That might be wishful thinking on my part.
I almost never use hairspray but the lightest I have found is Frederik Fekkai Sheer Hold. It's very expensive but I think a little less $ than Elnet. I use a mild sulfate shampoo (L'oreal Color Vive for dry or damaged hair) afterward. I find the shampoos for hair that is colored, which this is, gentler in general than other poos.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
The salon where I pick up my aveda products said the brilliant hair spray gives natural soft and shiny hold. I still haven't tried it because I really don't like hair spray. I just use a dab of their light elements texturizing creme for hold and am happy with that. The aveda - office site - shop online or find a salon site has lots of reviews of the hair sprays though, and you can email them for a complete ingredient list.

3a (
with 3b)
Fine texture/
Normal porosity/Medium density
Low Poo
(Aveda's damage remedy); Styling: Aveda's: Color Conserve Daily leave in+ Be Curly Style Prep+ Phomollient (mixed w/ Defining Whip)
Finishing: Aveda's Texturizing Creme or Defining Whip; Eufora Pure Polish Drops