CJ CCCC lite vs SM Smoothie

I'm looking for a light curl cream/leave-in to use in the winter. Both of these products have protein so I can't use them as a wave enhancer alone since my hair is not the biggest fan of protein.

I haven't tried the Smoothie and after going through some reviews it seems like it builds up on hair after awhile which worries me.

If you picked one, which would you buy?
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

That's a tough one. I just finished a generous sample of SM and I really liked it. Today I used ccclite for the first time since early spring and I have great curls- even root curl! The plus for SM is that it's cheaper and you can buy it on the ground. It definitely didn't build up in my hair, and I only low poo every 4-5 days. I kind of feel the ccclite builds up more for me. This may just be my hair type, but ccclite does not layer well with other products. My great results today were just ccclite with a tiny bit of coconut oil smoothed over top. What I like better about SM: less surface frizz while drying, seems to work in high and low dews (tested on super humid days). Pros for ccclite: Bouncier, slightly more defined and softer curls. But from my experience it does not work at all in higher dews. For both, a little goes a looong way, which I love.

This is probably making the choice harder and more confusing, sorry! I really like both and recently compared them in my mind so I thought I'd share One last thing to add to the mix- I have been using marie dean csc recently and I love it too. Something to think about...

Sent from my SCH-I400 using CurlTalk App
2's+3a/ med density/ normal-high porosity/ fine-med texture, normal elasticity (I think!):
Wash: CJ Daily Fix/Giovanni TTTT
Conditioner: Giovanni TTT
DT/PT: CJ Rehab, SSPDT
LI: Giovanni DLI, AO Mandarin Magic- Jane Carter Scalp Nourishing Serum for dry, sensitive scalp
Stylers: AG Re:coil, Mop C Curl Cream, CCClite, Spiral Solutions FHG...Sealing w/ Coconut oil
Finishing product: JC Nourish & Shine, MD Strawberry Smoothie
lol yes that makes it more confusing! I'm hoping for a few more responses, otherwise I will probably just suck it up and buy the Smoothie since it isn't super expensive.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

If you picked one, which would you buy?
Originally Posted by asianrunner
I haven't tried the CCCC but did use SM smoothie. I loved it at first but ended up with straw! I've come to learn I'm protein sensitive (i think) so I stopped using it and have been ok since.

Since you know your hair isn't crazy about protein I'd just recommend you use the SM sparingly. Rotate it with something else to minimize build up.
3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
You might like The Body Shop's Cottonseed Curl Boost. I think it is glycerin and protein free, though I'm not 100% sure on the protein. I have the Shea Moisture Styling Milk and that is pretty thick and heavy by comparison the the CCB, but much thinner than the Smoothie.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...5&postcount=59