Joico JoiWhip vs. Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam

If anyone has used both of these, I'd like to know how they compare. I'd like to try a mousse - particularly in the back where my hair is thinning, but I haven't been happy with the one I tried (Tresseme).

These two got good reviews in the product review section, so I'd love to read a comparison from someone who used both. I don't care if it is CG or not, but I do care if it is drying.

Thanks much!
Every day is a gift
I've used and like them both, they're very similar in my hair, not much to pick between the two to be honest. I like them as they're sort of creamy, not the sort of mousse that collapses and disappears as soon as you put it in your hair. I think I favour the Joiwhip but that's only because it's marginally cheaper here. I don't find either of them drying.
I tried a Tresemme one, it was awful - threw it out after about three goes.
3b in South Australia.
Thanks, Starmie, that's exactly the info I needed. My hair seems to be getting curlier - morphing into 3B, especially in the back, but also it's thinning, so a mousse will be my next purchase.
Every day is a gift
I agree that they're both very similar. Honestly I don't use either one anymore, because heavily scented products bother my scalp, but they're so similar I used to grab both on occasion.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
Thanks Rymorg. Your posts are always informative.
Every day is a gift
Thanks Curlypearl, it's my pleasure!

I will say for sure that they're not CG, but both are moisturizing (for mousses anyway) and the smells which I like but were strong, are both pretty yummy. The joico does feel a bit creamier to the touch though. If you're definitely looking for something not necessarily CG they're good. If I have 2 products like that that are similar and I can't decide, usually the deciding factor for me is price.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
curlypearl compare ingredients too, if your hair is thin and likes protein you might like the joiwhip better & there are no cones in joiwhip. I'm pretty certain the PM has 2 sillycones so it depends how your hair reacts to that. I know you don't care about the cones but if your hair doesn't need them then I would go with the one without
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Hi Del, nice to hear from you!

I try to avoid cones but I do use them sometimes if I have to interview for a job and I'm super anxious that my hair looks good. I'll try the Joico first, because I like protein, it doesn't have cones, and it's cheaper.

Much thanks everyone for all this helpful input!