The "drugstore dupe" thread

And when yall are talking about oils, shea butter? I saw Castro oil and coconut oil a lot! Like Castro and coconut cooking oil? I'm so lost!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Wavynwild I know this is a bit off topic but i LOVE GF PC! Thanks for convincing me to give it a chance
Mod CG since 8/2010
2cFii (fia), normal/normal, protein junkie. Itchy and allergic wavy!
Growing out
pw: mountaincurl
Right now I'm switching btwn nutrius cultivate shampoos and conditioner and invigorate shampoos and conditioner, either Michael o'rourke, mane n tail, or suave coconut for leave in conditioner, Aussie freeze or suave gel occasionally suave moose if I'm outta gel, and rave hairspray. If its an Important thing I will use tigi curls rock amplifier instead of gel. wash my hair usually Monday thur and sat, Monday I usually put a lot of conditioner in and leave it and just wear my hair in a pony tail took thur, thur and sat I'm usually going out so I fix it.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
OMG, MC I am SOOO HAPPY for you!!!!! It's so awesome that you're liking it so much!! You just made my day!!
Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
Mod-CG since 12/1/10!
I'm so glad :3 I used it 3 days in a row without having to rotate, which is saying a lot because my hair gets satiated on product pretty easily. I use it over SM C&H curl milk usually.
Mod CG since 8/2010
2cFii (fia), normal/normal, protein junkie. Itchy and allergic wavy!
Growing out
pw: mountaincurl
Bumping, since I still think this thread needs more love! And...I feel like experimenting with products lately.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Mod-CG since 12/1/10!
Queen Helene Curl Creme is definetly a dupe of KCCC. It's only $4.88 at Food 4 Less (Kroger) and $7.99 at Whole Foods.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo
Co-wash: Suave, Vo5, HE, Aussie Moist
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's)
Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil.
Methods: Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
Is the Queen Helene Creme really a cream? KCCC takes way too long to dry in my hair (I don't diffuse), but I loved the effect it had. Cream products tend to dry faster in my hair, though this seems counterintuitive...
Formerly Urbancurl.
Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
Originally Posted by diaspora
No, it's more of a gel/gelee. It's not snotty like KCCC, but I get the same curl enhancement. I didn't notice any additional drying time with it either. The biggest difference I noticed is that I don't get the same shine as I do with KCCC and it doesn't promote clumping like KCCC does in my hair.
How's My Hair?
Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
SMB Photography
I actually really like a few devacurl products. Does anyone know a good dupe for them? I already noticed Suave Captivating Curls is similar to ArcAngel. My hair really likes protein though.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.