If you have been looking for a product similar to KCCC, FSG or SS FHG, try this!

Join Date: May 2012
Curiousity killed the cat and I tried this. It literally went back to Whole Foods two days later. While I've discovered gel doesn't really work for my hair, I still think this is an exceptionally bad product. It has a gritty texture that isn't conducive to encouraging curl. It makes your hair feel quite crispy without actually holding your curl and I had to use a lot of it to see anything happen. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
My Whole Foods officially sucks. I went there Tuesday and they have the Hugo conditioners and shampoos but no gel. I was so bummed!!!
They have the Kinky Curly line but I'm weaning myself off that, LOL. Plus they didn't have the tiny twists, and that's the only thing I'm really tempted to try that I'd give into buying.

While I was there I met a nice mom and daughter with gorgeous red curls The mom looked like she had 3b thick spirals, and the daughter looked like she has more wavy, still thick, maybe 2a curls. Both were really pretty.
I was sooo annoyed though; the woman at Whole Foods (who also looked 2a, she had nice hair but was a little too condscending for my taste!) was not giving them good advice and it was all I could do to bite my tongue. She even told me I shouldn't be using the Kinky Curly or Beautiful Curls lines because my hair "wasn't kinky" - by which I assumed she meant that I wasn't black. After she left, I told the mom, "you don't have to have ethnic hair to use either of these lines; I use them because my hair responds to what's in them, that's how you decide if the product works for you." I don't know if she was ready to take advice from a random woman in the supermarket, though :P I just hate when a so-called expert gives the wrong advice!!

LOL Ok, rant over.
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
If people want to be naive and fall for that ethnic hair care marketing bs then that is them. I have been told I should only buy "black" products but I dont give a hoot. If it works i use it. If it doesnt I dont. I love TN and Last I heard TN was not an ethinic product and many curlies and kinkies use it. I shop according to ingredients my hair likes. I look for words like "moisture" and "hydrating". I know white women who love Palmers and Pantene relaxed and natural. Who am I to say you cant use that bc you're not black? I also think these "mixed" hair care products are total marketing bs. I guarantee some of the people who MC works for are not mixed and there are people who are mixed whose hair hates it.
Adthomas, I hear ya
All that marketing gets on my nerves, esp. when they market to skin tone, not to hair properties.
I also get asked alot if I am this ethnicity or that, based on my hair's curl - and how it's curling on a given day. It used to annoy me because that kind of question strikes me as a bit intrusive, but I just kind of got over that as I got older Life's to short to get annoyed by other people's lack of tact, I guess. I still get annoyed sometimes (like that day in Whole Foods, when the irritating saleswoman assumed I and the nice curly lady couldn't use some of the products because we weren't black) but that's because I don't like someone thinking they can exclude me from great products

Anyway, Jessiebanana, I tend to agree with you about Hugo's gel. I haven't given up 100% on it, but it's languishing in my cupboard and I definitely won't rebuy. I think I have a problem with the amount of protein in it - it seems to have alot.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C