Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #1

oh.hi.its.steph's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Default Canadian Curlies: have any of you used "live clean"?

exotic nectar - argan oil oil treatment

That's the particular product I'm wondering about. It sounds awesome, and I want it! Have any of you tried it with any success? And also, is it available for order online or would I have to bribe a Canadian to buy it and ship it to me? hahaha
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
oh.hi.its.steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #2

MojoDojo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011

I kinda liked it. I switched back to my olive oil because I'm cheap - and the oil is $12-15 depending on where you buy it. I have to admit I didn't like the rest of the exotic nectar line - it made my hair really soft but also reeeally poofy (my personal fave is the fresh water line).

I don't know where it's sold online. One good thing about being a Canadian is that the stuff is everywhere.

And no, you can't bribe me to buy and send to you. I would, but I don't think I'm very reliable for sending stuff to people.... XD
MojoDojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #3

oh.hi.its.steph's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by MojoDojo View Post

Haha ok, thank you for the review! Yeah, the rest of the line seemed so-so, maybe I'll try some of it anyways, I mean, my hair LOVES argan oil so it has some potential. Hmm.

I'll try to find a way to get it, thanks very much! I'm bad at sending things too, haha :P
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
oh.hi.its.steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #4

MissDarcei's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011

I love the whole Exotic Nectar line and I use the oil almost every time i style my hair. I find it's really good for flattening frizzies at the end of the day too. Unfortunately, I don't think you can purchase them online.
3c Hair
Fine Strands, High Density, Low Porosity
CG since August 2011
Loving my hair!!!
MissDarcei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #5

Join Date: Jul 2011

You can buy Live Clean products on well.ca!
temberdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #6

plunkybug's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Send a message via AIM to plunkybug Send a message via Yahoo to plunkybug

What would you want to bribe me with? I, too, am not terribly good at sending out, but I would make a concerted effort for a win win deal.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...5&postcount=59

plunkybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #7

Ondulee's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

I really love the Curl Enhancing shampoo and conditioner (Purple Jewel) but its hard to find! I sometimes find it in one of the SDM stores near me, other times its not on the shelf.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
Ondulee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #8

TangledTorii's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012

I've tried Live clean claryfing shampoo and I love it. That's all I have though... picked it up at my moms insistence that if "I'm going to do this ridiculous method I at least need to wash my hair somehow". *rolleyes*

Sent from my smartphone using CurlTalk App
2c/3a mix. Low Porosity, Coarse, Mid-back length when curly, Mod CG, Loreal Eversleek: Sulfate/ Silicone free Shampoo, Conditioner, Deep conditioner (Weekly), Leave in Conditioner, Frizz Serum,
Garnier Frutcus Pure Clean: Gel and Frizz control.Live clean Exotic Necter Argan oil spray regularly.

I alternate use of products and use both Shampoo and Conditioner daily. Have been mod- CG for approx. 5 months. Straighten aprox once every 2 weeks. Thinking of going full CG.
TangledTorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #9

curlsAbound's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

I quite like the Live Clean products. I have used the Argan Oil shampoo, the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and really like them.
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
HG's
Poo/Condish:Desert Essences shampoo and conditioner, Biolage Deep Treatment, LiveClean moisturizing low 'poo/condish, Loréal NutriGloss Treatment
Leave in: BWC, HSH pumpkin potion, Aveda Be Curly style-prep
Stylers:
my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG; Aveda Phomollient + BeCurly curl enhancer; Biolage Gelée + AOMM, AG mousse gel

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For $5 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827