UPDATED! Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha Hair Gel-first thoughts

I'm on Day 3 hair and looking fab! Hair is so soft and defined.

Here's day 1 video if you wanna see my hair: http://video.l3.fbcdn.net/cfs-l3-snc...c06c2264f23860
Originally Posted by Naturalista

Nat, your hair looks marvelous! I've seen every hair pic you've ever posted (stalk much?) and I believe this is the prettiest to date!
I just received my jar and can't wait to audition it.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Hey Nat I have missed you!!

I am not watching Nat's vid because her hair will make me sad and jealous. I tried this today and even with my really short hair I like it!!! It make me want to grow my out - almost

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

That looks fantastic!

This also reminds me of how KCCC can be used to get elongation or shrinkage depending on the curl type and method of use.

Siri types my posts for me.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
This gel can actually elongate my curls or make them springy....it just depends on how I use it. I love that this gel can work differently for so many hair types. I have been using it consistently for over a week and LOVE it more everyday. Experimenting with it is fun.
Thanks everyone!

When I shingle it shrinks more.
When I smooth n rake I get a lil hang.

Today is day 3 and I'm loving it! The dew was lower today so for insurance I scrunched in some Oyin Hair Dew.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted

PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
I cant wait until my sample arrives!! I have high expectations after reading all these wonderful reviews!
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
How would you all compare the hold from the Pattern Pusha to Eco Styler?

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
I love the shine this gives me. I am really loving this gel.

I've only used this gel once so far, but I love it! I tried it after first using CJ Daily Fix, Repair Me and a smidge of a leave-in CO. What I noticed is that the gel immediately made my hair clump up a bit - some gels make it more stringy, so I was already impressed. Then, after diffusing for a few minutes and air drying the rest of the way, I was left with shiny soft-to-the-touch bouncy curls and very little crunch to scrunch out. The curls lasted all day - and I had almost no frizz despite the all-day rain. So far, I'm completely impressed!!!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Mine came in the mail today. I'll try it tomorrow or Saturday. Any suggestions on what to use it with? Anyone try it just by itself as the only styler?

Anyone find any killer combos yet? With CJCQ for example?

For the last 2 days, I've tried a new combo: SSFHG with CJCQ--very nice.

I'm really digging it, but hoping for a bit more spring-action from something. Hopefully PP will be the one.
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair

Stylers:
KCCC

Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Ordered this today and am super excited to try it out!! I hope it works well for me with your ladies wonderful results!
2b , waves and some spirals
Med/Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Low Elasticity

Sulfate/Silicone Free Since Jan 2011

Low Poo- CJ Curl Assurance, SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
RO - Y2C, CJ Beauticurls, GVPCB, SM Restorative Conditioner,
Stylers- Homemade FSG, KCC, BRHG
HG Techniques- Spritz and Condish, Icequeen method, plopping
You all make me want to try out this gel......

How does this compare to the regular aloe fix gel? How is the hold?
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by curlykey; 12-17-2011 at 11:37 AM.
One more question.....can you purchase this gel anywhere other than the CJ site?
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
i haven't checked, but i think someone mentioned that for now it is only sold on cj website. other cj products are sold on aveyou.com and at curlmart. i imagine after a while marsha will release it to aveyou and nc. she generally waits a bit after a new release.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I see people mentioning samples. Did you get them from kathymack or somewhere else?
2c fine waves
Loo-poo: Avalon, Andalou, As I Am - NO SULFATES!
Cond: Avalon, Andalou, Kinky Curly - NO SILCONES!
Gel: KCCC, products with no silicones or polyquats
wish I had more curls
Also looking for suggestions & help
Can anyone compare it to Max Green Alchemy Styling Gel? They seem similar ingredient-wise although the MGA has some protein:
Herbal Infusion [Purified Water (Aqua), (Glycyrrhiza Glabra* (licorice) Root, Tussilago Farfara+ (coltsfoot) Leaf, Achillea Millefolium* (yarrow), Salix Alba+ (willow), Tabebuia Impetiginosa+ (pau díarco), Arctium Lappa* (burdock) Root, Berberis Aquifolium (mahonia), Calendula Officinalis* (calendula), Equisetum Arvense* (horsetail), Urtica Dioica* (nettle)], dehydroxanthan gum (plant derived styling agent), Hydrolysed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis* (aloe vera) Leaf, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Panthenol (pro vitamin B5), Leptospermum Petersonii (lemon tea tree), Melaleuca Alternifolia* (tea tree), Lavandula Angustifolia* (lavender), Pelargonium Graveolens* (geranium), Rosemarinus officinalis* (rosemary).
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
It has no protein and no aloe. The one you listed has both.
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM
Sorry, I missed the aloe.
~Chiara~

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
Originally Posted by csj
Where have you found this? It's not on CM anymore. I'm gonna PM ya...
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted

PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
I tried Pattern Pusha and this stuff is amazing. It's been a while since I've tried anything new and I honestly didn't think PP was going to do a lot to encourage my picky wurls but I was wrong! It defined, defrizzed, gave shine and hold! My hair doesn't feel producty or weighed down with Pattern Pusha & I LOVE that ingredient-wise it should work in just about any dew point. Of course I have my AFL for high dews so I'll save PP for other seasons. Since I have several CJ condish's in my stash I wanted to try all CJ stuff first I used Rehab as my rinse out PP & BRHG on top, they worked really well together.
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Last edited by DEL2C; 01-20-2012 at 09:06 PM.