UPDATED! Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha Hair Gel-first thoughts

On the topic of PP going bad, I just opened mine up after shelving it for the spring, because I wanted to use up a jar of AF I had. I just took a couple of microbiology classes, and I've seen a lot of bacteria and mold, but I've never seen bright pink mold/microbes before. Not on their own anyway. The only time I've seen any sort of pink in a test tube was for a physiological test, and is not normal in nature. But that was about the same bright Barbie pink that I saw in my jar of PP. I must have gotten one of the older batches. But I'm not giving up on the product yet, since I've heard the newer version is much better. Should have sampled the stuff and done some tests on it lol.
AustinOrval likes this.
leave-in: CJHBLI, CJSL, SMRC
stylers: (rotating) CJAF, CCCC, SMCS, Ecostyler, KMFUM
DT: CJCR
PT:CJRM

love oils, avocado and castor oil are my favorite

Iherb discount code TSW857
I bought 2 jars back in November and they are still good. I would suggest contacting her, I'm sure the shelf life is much longer than 7 months.

...tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor...
vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
AustinOrval likes this.
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

@PlatinumPJ
i wonder if it is due to the squeeze bottle, not its original container? does the jar also seem rancid, or just the ones in the bottle?

there was an article once by the curl chemist about doing that -- said it has to be refrigerated and is only good for a short time.

??????????
Both containers went bad

Shampoo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Smoothing, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers -CJ Curl Queen, CJ CCCC Lite, CJ CIAB, CJ Pattern Pusha, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Mop-C Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, KCCC
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
eek now I'm nervous to open my jar! I put it away for the summer because I need more hold in the humidity. I'll have my DH open it...

Whats the main difference between the pump and the jar formulation? I loved it in the lower dews.
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
Originally Posted by rbb
Yes, I probably should. I just feel bad because it isn't her fault and shes just a nice lady who I am sure if very busy.

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

I contacted Marsha and she is sending me a replacement. She is nothing short of amazing.

Originally Posted by CurlyHairedFarmer
she is very nice (i've met her) and she is very busy. however, it is her product and clearly something went wrong so i think she'd like to know about it so it can be corrected. altho if it is the jar that you have, that is no longer being made, it is a slightly different formula in the bottle. it might even have been in the manufacturing???
just send her an 'fyi' email and i am sure she will appreciate it.
Originally Posted by CurlyHairedFarmer
our posts must have almost crossed!! LOL!! i also think she is amazing!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I just experienced my second bad haircut in the Tampa area BUT she used Pattern Pusha and kindly gave me a sample and I love it!! My hair feels soft and defined even in these horrific high dews.... and would be even better with a decent hair cut! Yay for loving another CJ product!
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha, botanical spirits magic curls puree
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats
Does PP play well with any LI's or is it best on it's own? I got samples of it plus the Smoothing Lotion, and also have some CK Satin Roots on the way. I usually prefer to cowash and use a leave in before a curl jelly or gel.

Proud momma to 8!!!
Hair Type: Used to be 3a/b, now 2b/c Wavy/Whurly
Style: cirly pixie, growing out from a buzzcut. Aiming for at least a jaw length bob
Routine: Figuring that out since my hair has changed... so far:
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion, CJ Curl Fix
Curl Enhancer: SS CEJ
Styler: KCCC, CK Coil Jam, SS FHG
Deep Conditioner: CK Curlycue Renew, CK Curl Fix
Color: I use henna to achieve a rich black cherry/deep burgundy

Originally Posted by curlymomma

I always use a LI (and sometimes also a curl cream). PP has played well with everything I've paired it with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Originally Posted by curlymomma
I started using PP with a LI, but for awhile now I've been using it on its own and I've been liking it better without the LI. PP is the first styling product I've ever used for months at a time and been consistently happy with my hair. Love it!
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!