Acure Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Triple Moisture Repairing Conditioner For Normal to Dry/Damaged/Curly Hair.

A very long title, but I didn't see any reviews on this brand so I thought I'd drop this in. I picked up a bottle of this (the orange one) from Whole Foods. It has a strong cherry almond scent that does linger in your hair, but so far everyone has liked it.

It's 12oz for $10 which is about average for me.

The best thing though is that the company donates a dollar off of each purchase to breast cancer research. It's also a fair trade product.

The Bad: I would not try to detangle with this! It has a very thin consistency and not much slip. You don't have to use a lot to 'feel it' in your hair, but you could use the whole bottle and still have trouble untangling the tighter curl patterns. However this has happened to me before with conditioners that 'sink in'. I typically use a 'sink in' conditioner for moisture, but can't detangle as well with it. I use a different conditioner to detangle, or finger detangle with coconut oil.

The Good: My hair feels amazing. I can always tell my curls are well moisturized, because they shrink up much more uniformly so that my 4A and 3C sections blend together. My hair goes from around shoulder length to a shinier, more strongly curled neck length. And that's exactly what happened with this product. Everything just looks...good. And I've let it all air dry without any leave-ins or extra products so I can get a good feel of what this product really does for my hair. Despite not using a comb, my hair isn't excessively tangled. It feels soft and moist and has defined curls. I'm curious about how this product would work as a leave-in, since it's so thin and seems to absorb well. It's about twice as thick as KBB Hair Ambrosia if that helps.

I honestly don't know if the ingredients are CG or not. I picked it because the first five ingredients are good and also a little unusual. I've tried a million conditioners that list olive oil, coconut, and/or shea butter, as the first couple of ingredients. The Acure ingredients are:

Organic Acai Berry, Organic Blackberry, Organic Rosehips, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Rooibos, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearylkonium Chloride, Vegetable Glycerin, Glucono Delta Lactone (fermented sugar), Organic Argan Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside (from corn and glucose), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (guar gum conditioner), Glyceryl Stearate (vegetable-derived), L-Arginine (amino acid), Organic Cocoa Seed Butter, Sorbitan Olivate (from olives + sugar), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Cellulose (plant derived), D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin E), Lactic Acid (vegetable derived), Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil, Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Argan Stem Cells, glycerophosphoinositol lysine (from sunflower), Almond Extract, Cassia Bark Oil

The bolded ingredients are the ones that are unfamiliar to me/I have questions about.

Anyway I've talked enough! Just thought I'd post my first impressions. If anyone else has used this brand (including their other products) please speak up. And if you know anything about those ingredients and their benefits/drawbacks please let me know