Kinky Curly Curling Custard...knock off?

• 1 Post By CaseyGoNatural
  • 1 Post By KinkyKhami
  • 1 Post By shainala
  • 1 Post By Naturalista

Hi
I really, really want to try KCCC after reading great reviews. However, at $17, it's super expensive for me. Are there any knock offs? THanks!
-Straight hair until 4/11

-comb hair
-supersoak and apply KCCC
-plop for 15-20 min
-plop a pineapple overnight
-just pineapple for second day hair

Short 2b and growing out!
Thanks for reading
I haven't heard of any knock off but maybe u could try eco styler gel its cheaper and the results are similar to kccc

Sent from my VS910 4G using CurlTalk App
The Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic is just like if not better, and it actually elingates your hair and isn't as greasy/heavy like KCCC csn get! It's $25, buuut it's 18 ounces as opposed to KCCC which is $17 for 8 ounces/$30 for 16 ounces.

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
0kitten00 likes this.

Last edited by CaseyGoNatural; 01-28-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Try making flaxseed gel.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
Hey!! I tried the Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme. I found it at Whole Foods for somewhere between $7.99 and $9.99 for 15 oz.

Ingredient List:

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Pectin, Agave Rigida (Sisal) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)

The only difference between this product and KCCC is that KCCC is glycerin free which is good during the winter months. Another note: MakeupanBeautyJunkie did a review on it and hers didn't look mine. Hers was thinner and flowed out of the container. Mine looks like jelly...it's just weird looking, but I'm starting to think that the one I got may have been old or something like that for its consistency to change.

My hair wasn't dry and had a decent hold. Thats all I really have to say about it. I tried this product before I tried KCCC cuz yeah the price is high for 8oz...I was relectant, but finally gave in.

Hope this helps,
Khameliyah
honeysweet20 likes this.

Last edited by KinkyKhami; 01-28-2012 at 12:16 AM.
I recommend Upper Management Gel from Kiss my Face (available at Whole Foods and other natural food stores and also on Amazon). It runs about 6.99 for an 8 oz. bottle and you can also buy three bottles at a time for 5.99. It isn't as moisturizing as KCCC, but I use it with a good leave-in underneath and it works really well.
0kitten00 likes this.
Originally Posted by shainala
What leave in do you suggest??
Tresemme Naturals! If that doesn't work Vo5 Moisture Milks!

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
Ampro clear styling gel is pretty good over a LI and doesn't crunch out like custard and gives more volume. Like this, over CCCCLite:

You don't need much of it and the learning curve isn't as steep.
steph35 likes this.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam