Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner

I had been using Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner quite regularly before I found this website. I quit using it because for some reason I thought it had cones in it.

I just took a look at the ingredients, and it doesn't have any. (But you never know, perhaps some ingredients go by more than one name). But it does have sulfates. Go figure.

I touched up the colour on my roots today. Then did a co-wash with the Bed Head, followed by my usual leave-ins (YTC and KCKT). I am thrilled with the result.

Any of you curlies have experience with the Bed Head conditioner (or any other of their products)?
coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

"I've had enough. This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair."
Tigi MM conditioner does not have silicones or sulfates and is completely CG. However, they have discontinued this product and are not making it anymore. This is the only conditioner I can rely on and I have found it very difficult to find a replacement. I still have half of a huge bottle at home but I know I will run out soon...If you search for Tigi MM, you will find a few threads about it being discontinued. Sadly, at least that I know of, no one has been able to recommend something similar...
2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Originally Posted by SegB
DAMN!!! I thought I had settled on a good conditioner and now they take it away. Thank you for telling me about this.

The Tigi MM is the only rinse-out conditioner other than Matrix Moisture Hydration that does not contain cones and works well on my hair.

Let's complain to Tigi. If enough of us complain and tell them we will switch to a different manufacturer's conditioner, they might listen to us and bring it back.
coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

Haven't used MM in a couple of years, but from what I remember, Yes to Carrots conditioner seems similar on my hair. You can get it at Walgreen's, Target, etc.

ETA: Sorry, JJJJ, didn't notice that you're already using it. Still maybe the full name will help someone else.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Originally Posted by auntnett
I have tried Yes to Carrots and Cucumbers and feel like I get one or two good hair days and then blah. Hair feels weighed down and grimy.

Originally Posted by JJJungleJim
I know someone here (I forget who it was) emailed the company asking about it being discontinued and Tigi was not very receptive or helpful about bringing it back

Maybe I will try the Matrix one you are talking about...Is it similar consistency to MM?

Originally Posted by WurlyLox
I have been using the YTC leave-in. Are you using their rinse-out conditioner? I have seen it at Target but haven't tried it.

Originally Posted by SegB
Target was still selling it yesterday.

Yes it is. Here is the product's webpage:

Matrix - Total Results - Moisture *Total Results - Moisture
coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

The closest thing I've found to Tigi MM is CJ Smoothing Conditioner. It's a little more watery though.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App

Gels: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Eco Styler Pink, KCCC
Other: SM Scalp Elixir, Curls Control Paste

My Twitter
KinksOfNature.com

Last edited by A. Love; 01-09-2012 at 11:52 PM.
I loved MM too. Tigi has an oatmeal and honey conditioner that is CG. I've never tried it, but I've seen people on here talk about it. Before going CG, I used all Tigi products (the Catwalk Curls Rock and Curlesque line mainly).
-3a/3b, fine, very thick, normal por., normal elast., long, dye- free (CG since Nov. '11)
-CO: every other night (air dry) VO5 (various scents)
-Low poo (As needed): ION Color Defense Clarifying, Yes To line, Giovanni TTTT
-RO: GVP CB
-LI: Giovanni DLI or a tiny bit of my co-wash or RO (sometimes none)
-Styling: BYZ Noodle Head Tame your Curls Mousse
-PT: ION Effective Care

Yes it is. Here is the product's webpage:

Matrix - Total Results - Moisture *Total Results - Moisture
Originally Posted by JJJungleJim
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by A. Love
I have tried the Smoothing Conditioner but it weighed me down and I didn't find that it detangled that easily Thanks for the thought though!

Originally Posted by curlyev
Not to be a downer...But the Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner is discontinued as well. I hate when companies have GREAT products and then STOP MAKING THEM.

If anyone has any other recommendations for similar conditioners, I would love to hear them!

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
So I posted this on the general board...But I recently tried Giovanni 50:50 conditioner, and in terms of consistency, slip, detangling ease, and moisture without weighing me down, this is the closest thing I have come to Tigi MM. Thought I would pass it along!

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
I have half a bottle of a 1L of Moisture Maniac if anyone wants some ...
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
HG's
Poo/Condish:Desert Essences shampoo and conditioner, Biolage Deep Treatment, LiveClean moisturizing low 'poo/condish, Loréal NutriGloss Treatment
Leave in: BWC, HSH pumpkin potion, Aveda Be Curly style-prep
Stylers:
my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG; Aveda Phomollient + BeCurly curl enhancer; Biolage Gelée + AOMM, AG mousse gel

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For $5 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827