-   -   KMS Curl Up Control Creme - good stuff (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/13864-kms-curl-up-control-creme-good-stuff.html)

brandym22 01-18-2007 05:02 PM

KMS Curl Up Control Creme - good stuff

memes 01-18-2007 05:34 PM

I've always had better luck with creams than gels! I have fine but very thick 3A hair and gels just never seem to do the trick for me. I have to be careful not to over do the creams but they give me much better clumping, definition and overall curl enhancement.

Michelle

DominicanaHeat 01-18-2007 05:39 PM

What's the ingredient list for this??

brandym22 01-18-2007 09:35 PM

DominicanaHeat 01-19-2007 09:51 AM

Wow no cones!

What's your routine with this? I've seen this around but always avoided it since these salon products tend to be loaded with cones.

brandym22 01-19-2007 11:05 AM

mayim 01-19-2007 05:21 PM

wow - where did you find this? this used to be my hg before they changed the formula. this sounds more like the old formula. i wonder if you just found an old one, or if they changed back.

what does the packaging look like?

thanks!

m

brandym22 01-19-2007 09:18 PM

godgivenperm 01-20-2007 07:54 PM

I prefer creams too and I actually have some of this KMS cream.

I bought it last year at my local "Grocery Outlet". It's in a peach color container and I paid $3.99 for it (supposed retail $18.00). It gives me neat corkscrew curls but unfortunately no hold.

It does have the best scent though - mango and vanilla. I could inhale it all day.

I also bought the Bounce Back spray on discount but only use it occasionally. I wouldn't buy either product at retail price as my Curls Rock Amplier creme still works the best for me.

orangeserendipity32 01-22-2007 12:53 AM

Not to rain on anyone's parade-but this stuff was really bad in my hair. I used it about 3-4 years ago, so I'm not sure of it is the same ingred. list or not. I found it to be very greasy, even though I have drier hair, and it pulled all my curl out. I thought that was odd, since I have more med. than fine textured hair and I usually don't have this problem in a styler. My course headed curly friend used to love it though-go figure.

long_n_curly 01-23-2007 11:58 AM

I recieved a sample of this in a swapboard purchase and tried it this past weekend in place of my recoil. It didnt weigh down my fine wimpy hair and gave me shine and definition. Second day I touched up with it and got a bit greasy looking but still very shiny and defined. I like this enugh to keep experimenting,I will post more results as I play around with it.

Kgrl17 01-24-2007 05:30 AM

Ive tried this before and it seemed to work well but I just couldnt take the feeling it left in my hair! It made it feel producty and dirty after awhile. But if it works well and doesnt actually make my hair look that way then I'd probably still use it occasioally!

laurabeth33 01-24-2007 08:25 AM

Just to confirm, that is the old ingredient list. Used in small amounts, it was pretty good stuff. The new ingredient list (and reviews) are in the Product Reviews area at:

Also, for those who break out easily, BOTH formulas made me break out where my hair touched my face (all the palmitates probably, serious pore-cloggers).

long_n_curly 01-27-2007 11:07 PM

Weird that you mentioned it LB, I broke out while I was testing this and I NEVER break out.

curlyminmin 03-16-2012 10:12 AM

Good Stuff! I couldn't agree more. I stumbled upon this because my other curl cream was discontinued :( I like the results I get from this cream a lot more than my previous one. I refrained from using curl creams because they didn't work me or left my hair crunchy, which is not what I would expect. With this product I have moisturized, shiny, soft and defined curls :) To style, I emulsify one pump with a drop of HESMU gel and smooth it into my hair. For second day hair, I combine it with a little KCKT and water in a spray bottle and spritz it all over my hair. So it plays well with other products. I'm kind of surprised there aren't more reviews for this! Maybe not too many people know about it? :/