Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #1

Default KMS Curl Up Control Creme - good stuff

Last edited by brandym22; 01-26-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #2

Join Date: Jul 2006

I've always had better luck with creams than gels! I have fine but very thick 3A hair and gels just never seem to do the trick for me. I have to be careful not to over do the creams but they give me much better clumping, definition and overall curl enhancement.

Michelle
memes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #3

DominicanaHeat's Avatar

Join Date: May 2005

What's the ingredient list for this??
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
DominicanaHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #4

Join Date: Nov 2006

Last edited by brandym22; 01-26-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #5

DominicanaHeat's Avatar

Join Date: May 2005

Wow no cones!

What's your routine with this? I've seen this around but always avoided it since these salon products tend to be loaded with cones.
DominicanaHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #6

Join Date: Nov 2006

Last edited by brandym22; 01-26-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #7

mayim's Avatar

Join Date: May 2004

wow - where did you find this? this used to be my hg before they changed the formula. this sounds more like the old formula. i wonder if you just found an old one, or if they changed back.

what does the packaging look like?

thanks!

m
coarse, thick 3a
modified cg

mayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #8

Join Date: Nov 2006

Last edited by brandym22; 01-26-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #9

godgivenperm's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2006

I prefer creams too and I actually have some of this KMS cream.

I bought it last year at my local "Grocery Outlet". It's in a peach color container and I paid $3.99 for it (supposed retail $18.00). It gives me neat corkscrew curls but unfortunately no hold.

It does have the best scent though - mango and vanilla. I could inhale it all day.

I also bought the Bounce Back spray on discount but only use it occasionally. I wouldn't buy either product at retail price as my Curls Rock Amplier creme still works the best for me.
3B/3C
No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
godgivenperm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #10

orangeserendipity32's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006

Not to rain on anyone's parade-but this stuff was really bad in my hair. I used it about 3-4 years ago, so I'm not sure of it is the same ingred. list or not. I found it to be very greasy, even though I have drier hair, and it pulled all my curl out. I thought that was odd, since I have more med. than fine textured hair and I usually don't have this problem in a styler. My course headed curly friend used to love it though-go figure.
3a/2b

Winter Routine
Co-wash: Hair One Argan Oil or Burt's Bees GreenTea and Fennel
Low-Po: Devacurl LP or SheaMoisture Black Soap(1-2x/wk)
Condish: SheaMoisture Deep Repair Mask

pw=ringlet
orangeserendipity32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #11

Join Date: Nov 2004

I recieved a sample of this in a swapboard purchase and tried it this past weekend in place of my recoil. It didnt weigh down my fine wimpy hair and gave me shine and definition. Second day I touched up with it and got a bit greasy looking but still very shiny and defined. I like this enugh to keep experimenting,I will post more results as I play around with it.
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!
long_n_curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #12

Kgrl17's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2006

Ive tried this before and it seemed to work well but I just couldnt take the feeling it left in my hair! It made it feel producty and dirty after awhile. But if it works well and doesnt actually make my hair look that way then I'd probably still use it occasioally!
Kgrl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 AM   #13

laurabeth33's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2003

Just to confirm, that is the old ingredient list. Used in small amounts, it was pretty good stuff. The new ingredient list (and reviews) are in the Product Reviews area at:

Also, for those who break out easily, BOTH formulas made me break out where my hair touched my face (all the palmitates probably, serious pore-cloggers).
laurabeth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #14

Join Date: Nov 2004

Weird that you mentioned it LB, I broke out while I was testing this and I NEVER break out.
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!
long_n_curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #15

curlyminmin's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011

Good Stuff! I couldn't agree more. I stumbled upon this because my other curl cream was discontinued I like the results I get from this cream a lot more than my previous one. I refrained from using curl creams because they didn't work me or left my hair crunchy, which is not what I would expect. With this product I have moisturized, shiny, soft and defined curls To style, I emulsify one pump with a drop of HESMU gel and smooth it into my hair. For second day hair, I combine it with a little KCKT and water in a spray bottle and spritz it all over my hair. So it plays well with other products. I'm kind of surprised there aren't more reviews for this! Maybe not too many people know about it? :/
Cleanse: TRESemme Naturals