Nubian Heritage

• 1 Post By KinkyKhami
  • 1 Post By juanab

I went to a brand new, shiny, sparkly, 2-floor, and with an escalator....Walgreens!. There was a "new" brand of natural hair care products by Nubian Heritage, very famous for their plethora of soaps, herb-infused shea butters, and lotions right below the Shea Moisture products. I can't remember all of the names of the products, but I'm putting an APB on these products because I can't find any of them online.

Does anyone know about this??!!??!?!
foreverturtles likes this.

Does anyone know about this??!!??!?!
Originally Posted by KinkyKhami
If I am not mistaken, it is the same owners for both companies.
curlyberry likes this.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Yeah I was reading that JuanaB. The Nubian Heritage was packaged similar to the shea moisture. There were more products for the NH on the shelf than the SM.
Originally Posted by KinkyKhami
There are quite a few products in the Shea Moisture line, but I believe Nubian Heritage has been out longer. Probably different distribution agreements.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

I'll share this...

they are one in the same company. my fiance even knows of the dude's that owns the shea moisture line cause they had a nubian heritage store in our area years ago.

same man that owns the shea moisture line now.

when companies have financial problems or the like they liquidate one company and come out with a new name.

now both lines have products out but they are made in the SAME LAB in amityville. maybe he had someone in the fold take over the nubian heritage line after they got more money.

i use stuff from both lines though, love them all. and they've been making hair products before the shea moisture line. i have quite a few in my stash. mostly shampoos, conditioners, and there's a pomade, a curl souffle and some hair oils.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I knew very little about NH products other than the soaps and shea butters...At the WG there was a intensive conditioning treatment and a gelee and stuff like that! I'm going to have to go back and take a pic of it or write down the names or somthing like that
Their products are definitely on my favorites list I had trouble finding them as well. They are now available online and at CVS.