KCCC... phew

• 1 Post By Cyanbobcat
  • 3 Post By AmberBrown
  • 1 Post By unicyclist
  • 2 Post By BellaAmore

I just spent $17 bucks on this stuff and hate the smell. It's so strong and it smells like a cheap overly scented vanilla candle. I used it last night and my hair smells like this today. Yuck.

Even if I loved it (which I don't) I couldn't stand to smell like this all the time.
CurlyFireHorse likes this.
Do you use it with Knot Today? I hated KCCC when I used it with my other conditioners. It just didn't work well at all and gave me noooo definition. However, when I bought KCKT...
I haven't had this good of a hair day in a long, long time.
Do you have any products you'd prefer to this? If so, I might have some of the ones you want, and we could swap if you are willing to give the KCCC away

*March- around collarbone
Thanks for the info! I have not bought it because I thought it would be too strong a scent.
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
I do have some of the KCKT. I might be willing to give it one more try with the KCKT but will definitely have to use less. If I still smell it when my hair is dry it's a 'no go' for me. I hate the smell.

Originally Posted by Cyanbobcat
I just wanted to say that I use KCKT and KCCC pretty regularly and I can't ever really smell it on my hair; now my mom is opposite when it comes to smells. She gets a migraine if she uses any products with any kind of scent.
2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later

Originally Posted by Cyanbobcat
I smell it a little bit as it's drying, but if you put your hair in a t-shirt turban or a plop, it really helps. I shower before I go to bed, and by the next morning, you can't smell it anymore. You should try it

*March- around collarbone
I will give it another go and use less. I really hate the smell but can suffer through if it only smells when it's wet. Hopefully, I just used too much the first time. My hair did feel producty

Some fake scents are just too overpowering to my sense of smell... like the cinnamon smell at Bed, Bath and Beyond around the holidays. To me it's like getting smacked in the head when I walk by the scented pine cones.

The KCCC scent is just plain disgusting to me.
I love the way KCCC smells. In fact, I love the smell so much that I tasted a bit of the custard from my first tub four years ago. Not proud of it, tasted horrible. But I did it.

AmberBrown likes this.

Originally Posted by unicyclist
*raises hand singing MJ you are not alone*

I love the smell, reminds me of a marshmallow. haven't used it in my hair in a while, but I love sweet scents.
AmberBrown and Jo Somebody like this.

Originally Posted by unicyclist
*raises hand singing MJ you are not alone*

Originally Posted by BellaAmore
HAHA I've only told two people about my experiment IRL. My mom and bestie...both thought I was a freakazoid Glad to be in good company here.
anyone else use kccc as a final frizz smoothing step on dry hair, but not before? i am really liking it after drying with fsg. at first it felt sticky and i thought, crap i am going to have to wash my hair and re-do. but then after giving it 30 minutes there was no product feeling, my hair was soft, and the kccc helped keep my frizz down and my hair bouncy all day.
Hair type: 3a, fine, porous (too much hair dye on lengths), hennaed
Products i love so far: devacare low-poo, gftn, yes to tomatoes, yes to carrots, burt's bees shea and grapefruit DT, oc, millcreek botanicals biotin conditioner aveda be curly style prep and curl enhancer, cjdf, ciab, bb fsg, bb styling mud, angel, cccclite
I don't mind the smell. I find this stuff amazing! I can't smell it when it dries. I
2b/highlighted/medium/high porosity
CG since September '08
That smell really does take some getting used to!

Blame Siri for the typos!

Coily, Kinky & Nappy.
Ok... I'm revising my original position on KCCC. I apparently used way too much the first time. This time I put a small amount over KCKT and FSG and had fab hair for 3 days. Lots of smooth curls.

Love.
i pretty much like kccc. I say pretty much because i do not loe putting gel in my hair. but oh well i neeed the hold. and this one drys pretty crunchy but once you scrunch it out you should. I use it with the super soak
ker method and giovanni leave in, maybe some oil. Probably could even find a better combo but this will do for now. My avatar shows me with kccc, my leave in, and tiny bit of oilve oil. So i would reccomend this gel to anyone who doesnt want such a hard crunchy hold and prefers more natural ingredients.

I heard the leave in conditioner isnt moisurizing enough for some and my hair is really dry and sort of damaged :/

Anyone know of any leave ins that work good with this gel besides giovanni?

BTW as far as purchasing this again right away i dont know. I think i might try the la looks after im done or some other cheaper cg gels. So many of them i havent tried....but this jar is gunna last me a looong time because a little goes a long way with the KCCC.