-   -   Queen Helene Royal Curl (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/140591-queen-helene-royal-curl.html)

CurlyVee 02-20-2012 09:46 AM

Queen Helene Royal Curl

Omg I'm in Whole Foods and just saw this. Anyone knows this product??

kathymack 02-20-2012 05:34 PM

If you do a search for Queen Helen Royal Curl, you'll come up with several threads. It's a whole line of products. I've only used the Curl Shaping Creme.

Here's the a huge thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...uct-alert.html It doesn't have Queen Helene Royal Curl in the title.

CurlyVee 02-22-2012 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by kathymack;1891095

Here's the a huge thread: [URL
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/125629-new-product-alert.html[/URL] It doesn't have Queen Helene Royal Curl in the title.

thanks will check it out

CurlyVee 04-02-2012 10:52 PM

Update- love it; been using it for 2 weeks- great for humidity and best of all NO FRIZZ. Just make sure the cover hair evenly !!

beeduh 04-04-2012 10:19 PM

Would you say this is a heavy product? I've seen it at my health food store, along with a line just for curly hair. I eyeball it just about everytime I go in there, but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Auntie Bubbs 04-06-2012 04:10 PM

Ok, just picked some up today, and I'll be using it tomorrow. I'd say it has the consistency of KCCC and it smells yummy. So it'll replace FSG in my routine, which means I'll layer it under a hard hold gel. It'll be nice if it works well for me, because FSG is great, but my Aussie is flaking when I layer it over FSG. So something to rotate in with FSG is good.

Can't beat the price. $7.99 for a 15oz tub is great. I can afford that.

They have a conditioner I almost broke down and got, it's also $7.99. But I don't need conditioner yet. I just wanted it :D

beeduh 04-06-2012 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs (Post 1925895)

Can't beat the price. $7.99 for a 15oz tub is great. I can afford that.

Definitely let me know how it goes. :]

CurlyVee 04-06-2012 10:35 PM

I use less than KCCC but the distribution is important. Took me 2 tries

Auntie Bubbs 04-07-2012 11:39 AM

Ok, good to know. Does it need to be heavily distributed (like FSG), i.e., saturated in the hair? I read somewhere else that sectioning the hair and distributing it in that way works well. I don't normally section my hair, but I apply FSG in sections, if that makes sense. I apply it into the ends first, then flip rightside up and apply it into each side, into the back part, and into the crown, then back over and into the ends again.
I wonder if this method will work with QH jelly?

SegB 04-08-2012 03:34 PM

The low poo is great. The conditioner does not detangle well and I returned it. The styler I have only used once and my hair came out awesome but it has glycerin and I can only use it if the dews are right

SegB 04-08-2012 03:35 PM

Actually I think I used the styler in my avatar.

Marci Pie 04-12-2012 10:53 AM

I have to say that I love this Queen Helene. It is a cheaper alternative to KCCC. I did buy my first jar at Whole Foods, but was estactic when I found it at Food 4 Less (Kroger Company) for $4.88.

Auntie Bubbs 04-18-2012 11:10 AM

Marci, you found it at Food 4 Less? Damn!!! :D I have one of those, I think I'll check.

Anyway, the first time I used it, I thought it was ok. I couldn't get 2nd day hair though, my hair lost allot of definition by the end of the day. I did use a medium/light hold gel over it though, not my typical hard hold gel.

The 2nd time, I layered it with my FSG, and used a hard hold gel over it, but lightly. I got fabulous results! I put it the normal amount of FSG (maybe a tad less), then a decent amount of QHRJ, then a couple of palmfuls of my hardhold gel. Mainly in the ends and a blob evenly scrunched into the crown. After I diffused dry, I had a great hair day. Some crown frizz, but minimal, typical for me. When I use only FSG I do have less frizz, but not as much volume. I had good volume and body with this combo.
I like it alot.

I find the QHRJ to be a bit drying on it's own, and I frizz a bit more. But this combo is nice, and still pretty cheap. :) Looks good for those of us who are growing out our hair too, gives good coverage. And I got 2nd day hair. It was a more pouffy, but still wearable.

CurlyVee 04-22-2012 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs (Post 1926362)
I wonder if this method will work with QH jelly?

I do rough sections like just in 3 - the back then the split in thr front (2 sections). Still like it although did have the same luck with the conditioner...:angry7:

Auntie Bubbs 04-23-2012 03:53 PM

Ok, I'm now giving this a big thumbs down :(
It looks good layered with my FSG, but the flakes are not to be believed. I switched out my hard hold gel in case it was the gel, not the Queen Helene, and nope, it's not the gel.

Bummer. Major flaking, like - I look like I have dandruff, flaking. Very nasty. It did it twice now, too. I had to low poo to get the flakes out. I have a jar about 40% full still that I don't know quite what to do with, I can't use it, really, because of the flaking, and I don't want to give it to my sister, who I usually give the products that don't work for me to (she's 3a and very fine, and I'm 3b and medium/fine, so I usually pass stuff on to her) because she won't appreciate the flaking either.

Oh well, it was a nice try! Back to FSG and gel. Its a nice combo.