Queen Helene Royal Curl

Omg I'm in Whole Foods and just saw this. Anyone knows this product??
3B/C ; Suave Coconut Co-wash/LA Looks Gel or KCCC w/ KCKT (during the cooler months); I use Coconut &/or EVOO (Olive Oil) for Deep Conditioning.
If you do a search for Queen Helen Royal Curl, you'll come up with several threads. It's a whole line of products. I've only used the Curl Shaping Creme.

Here's the a huge thread: New Product Alert! It doesn't have Queen Helene Royal Curl in the title.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/125629-new-product-alert.html[/URL] It doesn't have Queen Helene Royal Curl in the title.
Originally Posted by kathymack;1891095

Here's the a huge thread: [URL

thanks will check it out
Update- love it; been using it for 2 weeks- great for humidity and best of all NO FRIZZ. Just make sure the cover hair evenly !!
Would you say this is a heavy product? I've seen it at my health food store, along with a line just for curly hair. I eyeball it just about everytime I go in there, but I haven't tried any of them yet.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
Ok, just picked some up today, and I'll be using it tomorrow. I'd say it has the consistency of KCCC and it smells yummy. So it'll replace FSG in my routine, which means I'll layer it under a hard hold gel. It'll be nice if it works well for me, because FSG is great, but my Aussie is flaking when I layer it over FSG. So something to rotate in with FSG is good.

Can't beat the price. $7.99 for a 15oz tub is great. I can afford that.

They have a conditioner I almost broke down and got, it's also $7.99. But I don't need conditioner yet. I just wanted it

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Can't beat the price. $7.99 for a 15oz tub is great. I can afford that.

Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
Definitely let me know how it goes. :]
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
I use less than KCCC but the distribution is important. Took me 2 tries
Ok, good to know. Does it need to be heavily distributed (like FSG), i.e., saturated in the hair? I read somewhere else that sectioning the hair and distributing it in that way works well. I don't normally section my hair, but I apply FSG in sections, if that makes sense. I apply it into the ends first, then flip rightside up and apply it into each side, into the back part, and into the crown, then back over and into the ends again.
I wonder if this method will work with QH jelly?

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
The low poo is great. The conditioner does not detangle well and I returned it. The styler I have only used once and my hair came out awesome but it has glycerin and I can only use it if the dews are right
2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
Actually I think I used the styler in my avatar.

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
I have to say that I love this Queen Helene. It is a cheaper alternative to KCCC. I did buy my first jar at Whole Foods, but was estactic when I found it at Food 4 Less (Kroger Company) for $4.88.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo
Co-wash: Suave, Vo5, HE, Aussie Moist
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's)
Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil.
Methods: Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.

Last edited by Marci Pie; 04-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Marci, you found it at Food 4 Less? Damn!!! I have one of those, I think I'll check.

Anyway, the first time I used it, I thought it was ok. I couldn't get 2nd day hair though, my hair lost allot of definition by the end of the day. I did use a medium/light hold gel over it though, not my typical hard hold gel.

The 2nd time, I layered it with my FSG, and used a hard hold gel over it, but lightly. I got fabulous results! I put it the normal amount of FSG (maybe a tad less), then a decent amount of QHRJ, then a couple of palmfuls of my hardhold gel. Mainly in the ends and a blob evenly scrunched into the crown. After I diffused dry, I had a great hair day. Some crown frizz, but minimal, typical for me. When I use only FSG I do have less frizz, but not as much volume. I had good volume and body with this combo.
I like it alot.

I find the QHRJ to be a bit drying on it's own, and I frizz a bit more. But this combo is nice, and still pretty cheap. Looks good for those of us who are growing out our hair too, gives good coverage. And I got 2nd day hair. It was a more pouffy, but still wearable.

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I wonder if this method will work with QH jelly?
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
I do rough sections like just in 3 - the back then the split in thr front (2 sections). Still like it although did have the same luck with the conditioner...
Ok, I'm now giving this a big thumbs down
It looks good layered with my FSG, but the flakes are not to be believed. I switched out my hard hold gel in case it was the gel, not the Queen Helene, and nope, it's not the gel.

Bummer. Major flaking, like - I look like I have dandruff, flaking. Very nasty. It did it twice now, too. I had to low poo to get the flakes out. I have a jar about 40% full still that I don't know quite what to do with, I can't use it, really, because of the flaking, and I don't want to give it to my sister, who I usually give the products that don't work for me to (she's 3a and very fine, and I'm 3b and medium/fine, so I usually pass stuff on to her) because she won't appreciate the flaking either.

Oh well, it was a nice try! Back to FSG and gel. Its a nice combo.