Giovanni's Direct Leave-in or Devacurl One condition - Help!

Hello curlies! A 3C/4A CGer here

I have been wearing my hair natural for about a year and a half now and I pretty much have my hair routine and products down.

However...

Lately i've been hearing a lot of good things about Devacurl One condition and I was wondering if it was better than the Giovanni Direct Leave-in which is what I use as a LI and styler. The Giovanni seems to be a little light for my taste and doesnt get absorbed too well. But i've stayed with it this long because it does make my hair softer and i havent found anything as natural as it that comes in a 32oz size. (not to mention cheap lol)

But I am willing to go the One Condition way I just need opinions of people that have used it and Giovanni as well.

Which do you all prefer? Which is more moisturizing? I'd like to know about thickness as well! Thanks!!
Check out my blog: kinkycurlypixie.blogspot.com
or search me on youtube: blugtar87

Phone cord curls (dont know what type). Looser in the front and on top (maybe from heat damage?)

Happy to say that I am CG!

Teressentials Mud Wash. (As my cleanser and conditioner)
Giovanni's Direct Leave-In.
Castor oil
Ecco styler gel
I've used both and recently actually. There's a difference between the two. Deva does not contain any proteins as where the giovanni does. I feel like deva is thicker but they are both still light weight for me. I like the deva but the results were inconsistent for my hair which loves protein
Hm. I dont know if my hair is sensitive to proteins or not. I say it because when I use Giovanni its fine. But I tried a deep conditioner made from yogurt chocked full of proteins and my hair hated it.

Maybe I should stick with Giovanni since thats the only real thing im getting proteins from. (I dont do DCs much).
Check out my blog: kinkycurlypixie.blogspot.com
or search me on youtube: blugtar87

Happy to say that I am CG!

Teressentials Mud Wash. (As my cleanser and conditioner)
Giovanni's Direct Leave-In.
Castor oil
Ecco styler gel
I just purchased devacurl one condition. I haven't used it yet but I will post when I do. I have used Giovanni li before and I don't see the big deal after using a bottle so I use MOP. I'm going to make that my weekly DC and one condition my daily conditioner.

Edit: I clarified w/ mixed chicks sulfate free shampoo & applied the deva curl one condition & detangled with my tangle teezer. My hair feels very moisturized as it dries. This will be my new staple. Pricey but worth it.

Edit: I don't like how it leaves white flakes when I don't rinse it out. I thought I could leave it in. Guess not.
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids

Last edited by ss40; 08-24-2012 at 07:51 AM.