• 1 Post By lag28wa

Old 03-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #1

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Default New Gud line from Burt's Bees

Has anyone tried anything from this line? The packaging is so cute and catches my eye every time I am in Target. I finally broke down this week and read the bottles and sniffed the products. I fell in LOVE with the one called Orange Petalooza!! It is a mix of blood orange and hyacinth.

The low-poo is fantastic, I just LOVE it! The scent is to die for, but more importantly, my hair feels great when I use it, unlike other low-poos that leave it feeling rough and tangly. I feel like I could almost, but not quite, get away w/o using a condish after. So happy w/ this purchase, I've been terribly let down by most sulfate free shampoo.

I got the conditioner too. Not quite as excited about this one. Not a lot of slip, and I had to use a ton to really get my hair saturated. Had to follow up with a generous amount of leave-in to really feel conditioned. Unlike the shampoo, I would not repurchase.

Curious to hear what others think of this line!
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Join Date: Mar 2008

I am LOVING the lotion in that scent. I haven't tried the hair products at all but the lotion is pretty sweet and I have dry dry skin. It's lightish but packed with moisture and it's rare that I find a lotion that smells pretty that isn't all jacked up with silicones and mineral oil. My other current fave lotion is Burt's Bees non-scented.
KookyCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #3

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

My Target was sold out of the lotion and the body wash, but I will definitely buy those too when they restock!! Thanks for the recommendation!
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #4

my3curlies's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011

I have the conditioner in vanilla. I agree there isn't much slip but it did seem moisturizing. I've only tried it on my daughters fine hair though.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Under Construction
my3curlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #5

KurleeEdna's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008

I bought the lotion in both the Orange Petalooza (love!) and the Floral Cherrynova (like), but the scents are so strong (especially the Cherry), that I actually mix it with an unscented lotion so as not to get all wheezy.

(They also have the güd line at my local Walgreens and Ulta, so you might check these stores, too.)

I have been wanting to try the conditioner to use as a nice scented leave-in, so I might get it next time.

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
- Charlie Brown
HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
KurleeEdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #6

Join Date: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by jlpmom23 View Post

Curious to hear what others think of this line!
I have wanted to try the lo poo from this line since seeing iton the walgreens site. It sounds great and the price isnt bad. Did you try the vanilla one? I was more towards buying that but am not sure.
Lo-poorganix Shea butter shampoo
Co-wash: suave coconut
Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
Serum-like product: still need one
Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
Mcfrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #7

dummeeule's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012

I got the Gud Floral Cherrynova conditioner today. It smells really good and it made my hair soft. And that doesn't happen often. I really like this product.
I'm never using chemicals on my hair again.

dummeeule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #8

Join Date: Jan 2011

I've tried the Pearanormal shampoo & conditioner and my very fickle hair loves this stuff. I've only found it at a few Target stores in SoCal. Wish Gud would also develop a leave in.
genxmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #9

Join Date: May 2012

I just got the low-poo to get the stuff from the salon out of my hair and I'm excited to try it. I was worried about the coco-sulfates, but I looked it up, turns out it's a coconut derivative and isn't actually bad for your hair! I was super excited about that. I think I'm going to try the burt's bees pomegranate next maybe. I'm not sure.
2c/3a
pixie cut (getting it at 12pm est 5/18/12!)
starting no-poo/CG
No routine yet!
super_soprano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #10

Moonface's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012

Originally Posted by super_soprano13 View Post
Is it true that the coco-sulfate isnt bad for your hair? I always thought any kind of sulfate was. Can someone clear this up a bit? o_O
3a/b → fine// normal-high porosity//normal elasticity
CG[modified?] since 03//2012!

cleanser; devacurl low poo, CK clean cream
clarifying; live clean ACV, kccc
RO/LI; ytcukes, devacurl OC, curls quenched curls moisturizer, CK satin roots
style; HETT, curls gel-les'c, CK coil jam
pt/dt; curly kinks renew
all subject to change
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #11

lag28wa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012

This is what I found, that generally in its properties as far as being able to strip oils from the skin and hair are the same as other sulfates. Probably something to avoid if you want to be CG. Is it in all the products?

Sodium Coco-Sulfate
Auntie Bubbs likes this.
Lindsay, a curly Mommy with a curly little man

Fine texture, fine density, normal to high porosity(?)

Modified CG since April 2012

Wash: DevaCurl Low Poo or SM Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo
COwash/RO: CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing, CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish, Shea Moisture Restorative
LI: KCKT
Style: KCCC, CJ Pattern Pusha, DevaCare Arc AnGEL, Loreal EverStyle Styling Spray
lag28wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #12

Join Date: May 2012

Moonface I think it depends on your prerogative. A lot of people are more concerned about the "natural" aspect and are simply looking to put less harmful products on their skin and in the environment. From that perspective coco sulfates are better. If you're coming from a CG perspective than no. In fact many natural dishwashing liquids are made from coco sulfates, so depending on the concentration, they have great oil stripping capabilities.

They did reformulate their normal shampoos to be sulfate free, so you might want to check those out.
Jessiebanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #13

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #14

MissKris's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010

I almost created a thread asking about Gud. Glad I found this one tho. Not seeing a lot said about the softening conditioner results. Only smells...

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlTalk App
MissKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #15

fefe912's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

I just purchased the Gud Pearanormal Activity conditioner today at target for $6.99 and though it may be too soon to say, I'm enjoying the first use of it. On the bottle it doesn't specify it as a rinse out or leave in soooo I just used it as a leave in after co-washing with tresemme naturals. It smells sooooo good and my hair is definitely softer and moisturized without being heavy. Tomorrow I'm gonna see how it works with my gel and maybe other products throughout the week.
fefe912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #16

Join Date: May 2012

I just got the orange petalooza shampoo and conditioner. The bottles are so pretty to look at in the shower!

My hair is fine but there's a lot of it, wavy.

Shampoo:
Works, smells good, and is sulfate-free. No complaints here.

Conditioner:
Disappointing. The first time I used it I thought maybe I hadn't used enough so I really dolloped it on this time, and it didn't leave my hair feeling particularly moisturizing or soft.
starryeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #17

JenniKS's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to JenniKS

Don't forget they have a coupon on their Gud website! www.gudhappens.com/
Jenn- 3A
My weapons of choice: KCCC, BRHG, Jessicurl: GLS, Gelabration, CC, AG: Re:coil, hard gel, mousse gel, shampoo bars, dairy whip, Curl keeper, KCKT, KBB milk, HETT, AVG, Honey

JenniKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #18

ginabean98's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013

I got a free sample of their groovy grapefruit shampoo and conditioner (the giveaway is over now.) I tried it today on my 2a/3a hair today and it worked incredibly well! The shampoo was obviously 10x less harsh than other sulfates (I read sodium coco-sulfate is not considered one.) The shampoo left my hair not dry feeling AT ALL, extremely rare. The conditioner was light and clean-feeling. My hair was still feeling moisturized. I rinsed it all out, but I feel it would work really great as a leave-in. Usually I have to leave some condish for my hair to curl well, but I rinsed it all out and it looked very good! Love it. Wish it was a bit cheaper.
ginabean98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #19

Ms.Cabernet's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011

I tried the Pearanormal body wash and love it! Need to try the shampoos and conditioners soon.
Ms.Cabernet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #20

Join Date: May 2013

I bought the Grapefruit and Thyme scented low-poo to use in between cowashing and omg it smells sooo good! It makes my scalp feel clean and not itch and does not dry out my hair! Kinda want the conditioner now!
Purplecurls17 is offline   Reply With Quote