• 1 Post By Fmasuhr

Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #1

Default The Body Shop's "Brazil Nut Define & No Frizz" cream

Has anyone tried this one before? I always make the mistake of buying products without reading reviews and regretting it later. So I wanted to get your opinions if you've tried this product before. My hair is in horrible condition right now and I'm looking for a leave in cream that tames the frizz, defines curls and weighs it down a little.

I read some reviews on other websites, but they're mostly by girls with wavy/loosely curled hair, and I'm a 3b, 3c (mostly) mix.

Thank you!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #2

Fmasuhr's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Send a message via Skype™ to Fmasuhr

ive used this a few times, though i dont really use products as such in my hair. when im going out or need to do somthing special i shell use it then.
i use it when my hairs damp, you dont need alot, and i either rake it in or i scrunch it in. when i use it a little bit i really like it, but its not something that i would use all the time though it really does help with fizz ooh yea i have 3c/4a mixed
QueenOfFrizz likes this.

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494
Fmasuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Fmasuhr View Post
hope that helps
I don't use that many products either - at least not lately. And I don't usually wear my hair down because I'm embarrassed about the frizziness and because of the weather. I guess I"ll go ahead and try this out if it helps with the frizz. I can't see your picture clearly but I think we have very similar curl patterns. =)
Thanks for all your help, you've been great!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #4

vanek07's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2006

Yeah, I got a bag of little trial size products from The Body Shop once and I hated everything in it. And that was one of the things in the bag. Idk, it just didn't do anything. There are much better options out there.
vanek07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #5

Join Date: Oct 2009

Oh, really? Well that sucks. It's just that I don't really have access to most of the products that the girls on this site recommend. I'd have to order them online and that usually takes WEEKS and I really need products that are more accessible to me so I wouldn't have to keep ordering. Plus, I'm a student (BROKE!) so I have to be careful about what I buy so it won't affect my budget.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #6

tonsofcurlz's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009

I suggest trying Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner as a leave-in if you have easy access to it. It's the cheapest leave-in I use and the oils seem to work really well at defining my curls. There's no need to use the expensive boutique products everyone talks about here. There are good budget products available that work and regular conditioners can work well as a leave-in. I'm 3b.
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.

Last edited by tonsofcurlz; 03-07-2012 at 04:28 AM.
tonsofcurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #7

Join Date: Sep 2011

I big frizz change happened for me when I started rinsing out what I decanted with, then put more conditioner in AND COMBED THROUGH AGAIN. Then wrap in T-shirt for 10 minutes. Then shake and go. Try it, you'll swear by it. My comb through is tressemme and my leave in is Aussie 2 minute miracle.
mcheryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #8

Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! The last time I tried any Garnier products, they didn't really work well with my hair. But then again, that was at least 7 or 8 years ago. I'll pick it up the next time I'm at a drug store. Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #9

Originally Posted by mcheryce View Post
Sounds good, I'll give it a try! One thing, though... what's decanted?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #10

Join Date: Sep 2011

decanted is Detangled!! Sorry. My phone I swear.
mcheryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #11

Join Date: Jul 2011

Be careful! Garnier reformulate their conditioners and they are no longer CG (if you follow that routine.)
My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

Likes: Plopping!
Dislikes: Glycerin

CG and loving it!
jaclyn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #12

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I don't think Aussie 3-minute miracle is CG either.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #13

eajiyemi's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012

Yep I've used it to, the moisture didn't stay as long as I liked. I tried it on my mums coarse yet relaxed hair and the hair didn't take well to it either. Has a nice thickness to it, but lacks in lasting moisture. I find being in London there aren't much hair creams that are great that can be found on the ground (apart from lush rnb). I've tried their moisture rainforest line too ... And it was meh.. too!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using CurlTalk App
eajiyemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #14

diaspora's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012

Queen of Frizz, have you tried Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream? I've never tried the Body Shop one but I love this one. It might be hard for you to find though, I've only seen it at Whole Foods or online. It's about $10 at WF and about $6 online, for 4 ounces.
Formerly Urbancurl.
Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
diaspora is offline   Reply With Quote

Join Date: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by twirlygranny View Post
Originally Posted by diaspora View Post
Love this stuff!!!
It is so good! I just ordered 3 tubes, I hate running out of it. It doesn't seem all that popular on the boards though. People seem to prefer gels.
Formerly Urbancurl.
Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
diaspora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:53 AM   #17

Fmasuhr's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Send a message via Skype™ to Fmasuhr

Originally Posted by QueenOfFrizz View Post
Originally Posted by Fmasuhr View Post
hope that helps
Thanks for all your help, you've been great!

sorry that it took me ages to reply. no worries glad to help, does it work for you? i get bad fizz as well, but ive learnt to live with it and accept it as part of my hair n part of me..... so i do wear it down quiet a bit. do you have pics up?

my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

Fmasuhr is offline   Reply With Quote