Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #1

Rimi's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Default John Freida Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Serum

4a curlies who straighten their hair and who have tried this product would be particularly helpful, here

I decided to straighten my hair for prom this year (it's in about 5 weeks) I have the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium flat iron with 1 1/4 inch plates and it's great. As a heat protectant, I use Fantasia IC Heat Protectant.

Since it's prom, I really want to make sure the style stays as fresh and as smooth possible all night long.

I'll be straightening my hair myself, and before my date arrives, I'll probably wrap it just to preserve the style and make sure I don't put my hands in it or otherwise ruin it.

I've heard great things about John Freida Extra-Strengh Anti-Frizz serum, but does anyone on here have any experience with it? Do you apply it to damp hair or wet hair? Also, should I apply a leave-in conditioner before, or would that make it more likely for my hair to revert?

Thanks for reading Any help is appreciated!
19 y/o lifelong natural {4a-OS;spongy;porous;coarse;normal-dense;layered, BSL-MBL stretched}

{products i love and use}
under construction

Visit my Blog

CG-friendly Products List!!
Rimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #2

beeduh's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011

I use to straighten my hair a lot before CG. Sometimes I would use the Frizz Ease hair serum, and other times I'd use other products. I would always apply my products when my hair was wet, and then I'd blow dry it out straight with a round brush. Since my hair likes to become very volumous (I literally have a fro at this point) I have to go back over it with a straightener. I never tried applying products on dry hair, I always thought it would make my hair too greasey. Depending on the humidity, my hair held it's shape pretty good. I was not using a LI at this time though. I do know my sister leaves conditioner in her hair and then straightens it but she has thick, wavy hair. I think that's all she uses too and her hair stays straight until it gets wet.
CG as of Feb. 2012
combination hair.
2c on top - low elasticity
3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
porosity: normal to high.
loves protein and moisture.
BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
beeduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #3

Corrina777's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

It's been a number of years since I've used this, since I try to stay away from non-water-soluble cones, but this is what I can say-

I used John Freida regular and extra strength frizz-ease for years. Whenever I tried to switch to a less expensive serum I was never happy with the results. I always, always came back to these products. However, I rarely straightened my hair. But based on my experience with using it, it would probably work very well for straightening.

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask