Old 03-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #1

in2itgirl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Default New curly products at Sallys

Hey I got an ad in the mail from Sally's . Has anyone tried Curls Unleashed Hair Care, Dr. Miracles Curl Care Products( which looks like Carol's Daughter package) , Beautiful Textures hair care?? I looked at it today but wanted to know if anyone tried them.
in2itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #2

midgi's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007

I tried the Curls Unleashed Curl Creme. I didn't like the smell and really, it just sat on my hair. It didn't feel greasy, but my hair felt like straw.

That said, don't let my experience deter you. It might actually work well for other people.

Sent from The Brick
I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
midgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #3

Join Date: Apr 2012

I really like the Curls Unleashed product line. My only problem is the shrinkage. I have 3c/4a hair and I am currently trying to find a product that does not shrink my hair. Trying the As I Am product line next.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App
ijhunt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #4

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I bought a curl cream from the Dr. Miracles line and hated it after the first use, so I took it back I haven't tried anything else.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #5

waterlily716's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007

I tried pretty much the whole Dr. Miracle's line and it was alright, but not enough for my thick hair in terms of hold. Also ALL the products, not just the shampoo, have menthol in them which with long hair, turned me all numby wherever my hair touched my body. You can go to my video blog for a full review...

3a/b low porosity curls | hip length when stretched!
CG method since 2006 @:-)
fotki pw: whim updated 01.06.14
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm & honey <3
Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #6

caerna's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Sally's new products

Are these new products CG? I saw the ad, too, and I just ran out of my usual condish.
My hair is shoulder length and thick with some annoying straight bits on top.
?? 2c/3a ??
Looking for less frizz and more definition and clumps.

I live my life BAREFOOT!

caerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #7

CurlyCami's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012

I've tried curls unleashed! The cream dries your hair out an doesn't really penetrate the hair. The curl jelly is ok but it's kind of heavy. Not a product I would stick with. I have heard great things about the As I Am line.
CurlyCami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #8

Join Date: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by midgi View Post

Sent from The Brick
I tried the Curls Unleashed Curl Creme and Condish and had the same results. Thankfully Sally's let's you bring products back for a refund.
quail925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #9

curledlove's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009

I bought the curls line. Each product was $9.99 so I figured id try. I like the cleanser a lot, but I dont know about the conditioner and gel. I applied them on a section and within minutes it was evident that they didnt have enough hold. Imay be taking those 2 back.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
3c/4a
WL (25") straightened
APL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

curledlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #10

Join Date: Jul 2006

I actually REALLY like the Dr. Miracle Curl Creme, I even got second day hair with it, and that never happens for me. I have very fine 3A hair. The smell is horrible, but it wears off a few minutes after applying.

I also bought the Curls Unleashed Curl Creme, but I hated it. It was WAY too sticky and thick for my fine hair, and it did not give me good curl definition.

I bought the Curls Goddess gel, which I'm still debating on whether I like it or not. My hair likes curl cremes more than gel.

Lastly, I bought Beautiful Textures Whipped Curl Cream. I love the consistency, but it does not have enough hold and I had lousy curl formation. That is going back.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #11

Join Date: May 2012
Default samples

hey um new and would like to try samples
curlykinks is offline   Reply With Quote